Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 02:51 PM

Re: Grandchildren

I love my son and grandchildren equally

At one time I would have said that my son took priority over all, being just the two of us for most of his life created a special bond between us . But I have learnt to step back and not to be possessive. I have given over a large portion of my son to my DIL and his children .

Similarly I was always the most loved person in my son's life but it is important to me that his wife and children must have that place and always come first , it is part of the natural order of things and a preparation for a time when I am no longer here ....
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 10:41 AM

I love my grandchildren to varying degrees.

The youngest, Josh - I adore him.

My oldest granddaughter is now married & expecting her own baby. She was always a brat as a child & threw many a tantrum with me that almost had me smacking her. She had a spiteful streak too - I once saw her stick her leg out to deliberately trip her disabled cousin up as he was walking past her. Of course she's quite nice now but the bond isn't there with her. Never will be.

The others I love somewhere in between Josh & Miss tantrums. It depends how fond they are of me & how often they come to see us I suppose - some of them more than others.

It's not written in the law books that you have to love your grandchildren - I know a few who don't...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I love my grandchildren to varying degrees.

The youngest, Josh - I adore him.

My oldest granddaughter is now married & expecting her own baby. She was always a brat as a child & threw many a tantrum with me that almost had me smacking her. She had a spiteful streak too - I once saw her stick her leg out to deliberately trip her disabled cousin up as he was walking past her. Of course she's quite nice now but the bond isn't there with her. Never will be.

The others I love somewhere in between Josh & Miss tantrums. It depends how fond they are of me & how often they come to see us I suppose - some of them more than others.

It's not written in the law books that you have to love your grandchildren - I know a few who don't...
Carol, I think, you can love someone but you don’t particularly like them.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 02:01 PM

Between us, we have a bunch, some here and some across the pond. A couple of the girls from here visit and stay for up to a week at a time. They love to come and it's always a joy to have them.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top