Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 10:29 AM

Re: Do you like your own company

I love the fun I have at keep fit classes sharing with other people. I also love to go walking in the countryside with my friend - but I enjoy my own company as well.

I could sit on my solitary for hours reading a book and when I need to go clothes shopping I prefer to go on my own.

Sometimes I've even gone to the cinema on my own if I couldn't get anybody to go with me.

I'm a bit of both really.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 11:52 AM

Before I lost my dear wife we never went anywhere without each other.
Now I am on my own I do not want company when I go shopping, go for walks, etc; I prefer to be on my own. I get visitors and they are welcome but I find it nice to say 'Goodbye' when they go.
I like sitting here on my own with a good book. I am an avid reader and much prefer a book to the television.
Some may say I have turned into a 'hermit' Maybe I have but I am in my final years and prefer my own company.
I have you 'cyber' friends. What more can I want.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I love the fun I have at keep fit classes sharing with other people. I also love to go walking in the countryside with my friend - but I enjoy my own company as well.

I could sit on my solitary for hours reading a book and when I need to go clothes shopping I prefer to go on my own.

Sometimes I've even gone to the cinema on my own if I couldn't get anybody to go with me.

I'm a bit of both really.
Yes Carol, I've been to the cinema on my own too and like Susan also the theatre. If I can't get anyone to go with me and I want to see something then I'm gonna go, you don't talk to anyone anyway coz you've to be quiet lol.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
I need and enjoy others for company and social interaction. It feeds my brain and my heart.

But I also need and covet quiet time to myself for a good balance. I am never bored.
Right Now, l am borrowing your post to save me typing my own!
I am exactly the same as you!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 01:53 PM

Yes very much, that's one of the reasons I still have my own house that I can return to when I've had enough of being around people, and want to shut the world out.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 02:15 PM

I think I'm anti social

I meet a friend every day for an hour to walk the dogs, while we're walking them we usually encounter other people we know so we stop for a brief chat, then we go home.

That is about as much social interaction as I can stand. If I have to go out anywhere else, food shopping or an appointment for example, I'm in a bad mood all day. It's not the going out, it's the fact I will have to interact with other people that cheeses me off, people just annoy me unfortunately.

When my husband was alive we were like ships that passed in the night, each of us had our separate areas for doing what we wanted to, we didn't even watch telly together because we liked different stuff. But I think that made the time we did spend together better as we weren't sick of each other (well, not much ).

Now I'm on my own I try, as far as possible, to live in splendid isolation.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 02:53 PM

I prefer my own company but I used not to.
I guess it comes from 35 years of widowhood and being alone after my son left home. I cried for a week when my son went to Uni and another week when he left home for the last time, it was like a bereavement for me.

Then I picked myself up and realised this was to be my situation for the rest of my life so I better get used to it. I decided when my husband died I would never marry again partly having had a step parent I would never inflict that on my son also I believe the kind of relationship I had with my husband comes once in a lifetime.

Then I got a job in a boarding school in a house with 68 girls and oh the joy of getting home on my days off to an empty quiet house.

Now I find it quite difficult tearing myself away from my solitude, I love seeing my immediate family but am quite happy alone with my dog
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 03:05 PM

I'm quite happy to be left alone but Mrs mart and I are together nearly all the time. We both have our separate interests though and tend to get on with them quietly. It's almost like being alone but comfortably so ..sort of together but alone at the same time.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
I need and enjoy others for company and social interaction. It feeds my brain and my heart.

But I also need and covet quiet time to myself for a good balance. I am never bored.
Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Right Now, l am borrowing your post to save me typing my own!
I am exactly the same as you!
Nice comfortable place to be, Artie!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 04:03 PM

I am quite happy with my own company as is Mr Mags. Mostly we do things together nowadays.

I loved to go shopping in town on my own but nowadays Mr Mags insists on coming with me, even though he hates shopping. He is happy to sit in one of the Malls while I nip in and out of the shops. He says he needs to come with me to make sure I'm safe ..... makes me feel more like a little old lady!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top