Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 10:30 AM

Re: More Vet Fee

Originally Posted by susan m ->
This is the reason I don't get a dog , I'd love one , but it's the money thing that stops me . I know insurance can be taken out but you still have to pay the first £50 and then there are injections etc .
Have you ever thought of fostering?

My neighbour isnt able to have a dog full time because of her husbands health and financial reasons so they foster and help unwanted dogs find forever homes.
She says the first time you have to let go is hard but after that she realised she got all of the joy of seeing a dog settle into a forever home and yet she knows she has none of the financial burdens plus when her OH isnt well she can take herself off the list for a while.
She has had about 6 dogs so far.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 01:48 PM

Thanks Barry and Cass , I'll put some thought into it
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 02:01 PM

There are some adoptions where they pay your vet fees too, rescue I was helping did that a couple of times with hard yo home dogs.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 08:50 PM

No Mups the vet didnt xray, as it happened in the afternoon we couldnt get him to our vet until 6pm,as they dont have afternoon clinic, their headquarters , where you would have to go for emergancy, is very difficult for us to get to.There is no sign of a bite, he is quite a big dog [ lurcher ] so dont think the fox bit him. He is still hobbling around on 3 legs,foot is not so swollen,he doesnt know where to put himself,lays for a while, then up for a fuss,obviously in pain.He has tablets and they seem to make him sleepy, he goes back to vet on Friday.
I do hope all goes well with Gertie and her heart scan is good this time
Thinking of you
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
No Mups the vet didnt xray, as it happened in the afternoon we couldnt get him to our vet until 6pm,as they dont have afternoon clinic, their headquarters , where you would have to go for emergancy, is very difficult for us to get to.There is no sign of a bite, he is quite a big dog [ lurcher ] so dont think the fox bit him. He is still hobbling around on 3 legs,foot is not so swollen,he doesnt know where to put himself,lays for a while, then up for a fuss,obviously in pain.He has tablets and they seem to make him sleepy, he goes back to vet on Friday.
I do hope all goes well with Gertie and her heart scan is good this time
Thinking of you

Thank you Deylon. I shall let you know tomorrow.

If you don't mind me saying, I would press your vet on Friday to investigate further with your boys paw. They can't leave the poor lad in pain all week like that.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2017, 10:52 AM

Hope you get on better at the vets today Deylon.

Gertie had her scan yesterday. She was such a good girl, the cardiologist said they all loved her and they didn't even have to sedate her. What a little treasure she is.

The results were 'sort of' encouraging. I am trying to be positive.
They said the faulty valve has not deteriorated at all, it is only mild, and only a small amount of blood is going the wrong way. They have signed her off and don't need to see her again unless my own vet is worried or her respiration changes or she developed a 'heart cough.'.

I was hoping it would be completely normal now, but they said it can't mend itself, neither can they do surgery. However, at least it hasn't got worse, so that must be good, and she is strong and healthy and happy, otherwise.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2017, 10:56 AM

At least it hasn't got any worse and hopefully it won't . She sound like an absolute treasure and hopefully she will live a very long healthy life . I don't have to add happy 'cos I know it will be.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

24-03-2017, 11:03 AM

Yes, I am trying to stay positive, thanks Abbey.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2017, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Hope you get on better at the vets today Deylon.

Gertie had her scan yesterday. She was such a good girl, the cardiologist said they all loved her and they didn't even have to sedate her. What a little treasure she is.

The results were 'sort of' encouraging. I am trying to be positive.
They said the faulty valve has not deteriorated at all, it is only mild, and only a small amount of blood is going the wrong way. They have signed her off and don't need to see her again unless my own vet is worried or her respiration changes or she developed a 'heart cough.'.

I was hoping it would be completely normal now, but they said it can't mend itself, neither can they do surgery. However, at least it hasn't got worse, so that must be good, and she is strong and healthy and happy, otherwise.
That's brilliant news mups, our late Rosie had same problem died at nearly 14 of a completely unrelated cancer. There is a lot of hope for your little Gertie she's going to be fine I'm sure.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

24-03-2017, 05:15 PM

Thanks Julie. She is the most adorable, inoffensive soul anyone could meet.
If love alone could get her through, she ought to sail along.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top