Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 10:33 AM

The Eagle Has Landed!

The RAF transport carrying the PPE from Turkey to UK landed
in norfolk early this morning!!
Lets hope this plugs the gap?
Donkeyman! 👍👍👍
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 01:56 PM

Re: The Eagle Has Landed!

Finders crossed for that!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 02:00 PM

Let's hope it doesn't take too long to get to its various destinations from Norfolk.
biffo
Norfolk UK
biffo is male  biffo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Let's hope it doesn't take too long to get to its various destinations from Norfolk.
We're letting the drawbridge down as we speak
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 03:16 PM

One thing I learned from the radio news about this flight - the load was only 40tons of PPE whilst the BA plane was due to bring back 2x that. Why, oh why didn't the "Government" ask the RAF to send TWO transport aircraft if they knew one wouldn't be enough?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
One thing I learned from the radio news about this flight - the load was only 40tons of PPE whilst the BA plane was due to bring back 2x that. Why, oh why didn't the "Government" ask the RAF to send TWO transport aircraft if they knew one wouldn't be enough?
Who knows how the bureaucratic mind works Percy??
I see theres a report in the gaurdian today about several tons of
PPE stuck in a custom built warehouse near liverpool that cant be
accessed because of a court case between the warehouse
company and the building owner?
The PPE is apparently owned by the NHS??

Donkeyman! 👎👎👎
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 10:56 PM

I saw a report of a guy on the news who owns a manufacturing company and had bought up tons of the material needed to make gowns. However, he hadn't had a contract to make the gowns. So he is taking the supply of a scarce resource off the global market and then could hold the government to ransom if they don't use his company? That's just how it came across because he had not yet had any orders. So did he have a contract ? Not sure. But to my suspicious mind, there are some dubious motives and behaviours coming across in some of the news stories.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I thought it was 400,000 gowns. At least that's what they said on the news. But I do think that the essence of lockdown is that there are some "chinese whispers" (no pun intended!) happening and information being presented on the news doesn't seem quite as accurate as we'd like. The physical distancing is causing communication problems and misunderstandings.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 10:59 PM

Another firm started making gowns & didn't get a government contract, so they are selling to America. They said this on the TV news.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

22-04-2020, 11:01 PM

The US may have different clinical safety rules from us. We don't get the detail just companies complaining.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top