Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Ole Simmo 1939
Baldivis Western Australia
Ole Simmo 1939 is male 

08-01-2016, 05:12 AM

fifties and sixties music

Hi all I am a big fan of the music that was around in my youth, it never goes away even in our present times, everything from ballads to rock & roll. On my retirement I got a bit interested in learning to play the guitar ( I did have a go when I was a bit younger but never kept it up ) so much so that after learning a few of the oldie songs I decided to take my guitar along when I went to visit a good friend who was unfortunately very sick in a nursing home, while there I gave the folks a couple of numbers that I had just learnt, it seemed to go down ok, so much so that the management asked me to come again as well as informing me that they had a budget for entertainment & they would be prepared to cover my travel costs etc.
So began my new career, from there I had calls from other aged care facilities wanting to book me for hour long concerts, since then I have hopefully improved over the years to the point where I am able to with the help from different sources to make up my own backing tracks, drums bass etc to accompany myself. I am not to good at this sort of thing but I am improving over the years.
My latest venture a couple of years ago was to make a professional CD with all of the songs from my era on it,I went to a local recording studio & the result was that it took about 3 months to do but Patricia & I were thrilled with the final results.If any members would like to go on to soundcloud under Oldie1939 you can have a listen for free,if so it would be great to get your feedback.
I have to get ready now for a local gig 2.00pm-3.00pm.I believe we are 8 hours in front of UK time.
many thanks for letting me share my story's etc.Terry
Ole Simmo 1939
Baldivis Western Australia
Ole Simmo 1939 is male 

08-01-2016, 05:18 AM

Re: fifties and sixties music

Hi again I would just like to say that there are a couple of tracks on soundcloud that I did from home with my lovely Patricia so the quality may be average compared to the studio tracks.Terry
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2016, 05:54 AM

Good for you Terry,it's good to have a hobby.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2016, 10:04 AM

That's great Terry
I love the 50s and 60s too - the best times
I liked to entertain, unable to now, so admire you and Patricia immensely - keep rocking Terry
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2016, 01:53 PM

Just had you on soundcloud Terry very nice☺
Gianetta
US
Gianetta is female  Gianetta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2016, 02:57 PM

Hello Terry!

That is very impressive that you will play the guitar for nursing facility residents! WONDERFUL! Keep up the good (and appreciated I'm sure!) work!
From Gia
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2016, 07:20 PM

Terry do you do any Johnny Ray songs?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2016, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Terry do you do any Johnny Ray songs?
He was unique wasn't he - what's happened to 'unique' these days - not a lot of it about is there .................
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2016, 07:59 PM

Just been listening to you on Soundcloud, Terry ...... many of my old favourites on there and I can see why you get snapped up by the Nursing Homes. Well done!

https://soundcloud.com/oldie1939/tracks
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

09-01-2016, 10:16 AM

Terry - I'm giving you no flannel here - I've listened to 'Singing the blues'
I'm so impressed - well done to you

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top