Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Ash50
New Member!
Gloucester
Ash50 is male 

17-07-2013, 05:16 PM

Re: How did I get to this age???

Who knows, I may even try surfing. I will probably have to get a good wetsuit first though, the water's freezing!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2013, 05:25 PM

A very warm welcome Ash and I wish you all the best, you certainly have the right outlook.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2013, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Ash50 ->
Who knows, I may even try surfing. I will probably have to get a good wetsuit first though, the water's freezing!
Now dont go mad - pace yerself Ash - pace yerself
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2013, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Ash50 ->

Ash matey, good morning and welcome. Earlier in this thread people were suggesting they come down my neck of the woods and partake of the facilities on the nudist beach - I don't think a wetsuit would be appropriate there.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2013, 10:09 AM

My brother says that whatever decade you are in, it's always the next one that is old!
zoolady100
Warkworth, Canada
zoolady100 is female 

18-07-2013, 09:30 PM

Its interesting how aches & pains are associated with physical age. I can't squat right down using my knees like most normal people & that started in my mid 30's! I've had elbow tendonitis since my 30's as well.

I'm not complaining really, just giving examples.

I still care for approximately 100 rescue animals in our home sanctuary pretty much by myself but I couldn't have it any other way, although I know it can't last forever.

Even though I am 50 now & WISH I was 30 again, even 40, I let things bother & get to me so much more back then....go figure
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2013, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by zoolady100 ->
Its interesting how aches & pains are associated with physical age. I can't squat right down using my knees like most normal people & that started in my mid 30's! I've had elbow tendonitis since my 30's as well.

I'm not complaining really, just giving examples.

I still care for approximately 100 rescue animals in our home sanctuary pretty much by myself but I couldn't have it any other way, although I know it can't last forever.

Even though I am 50 now & WISH I was 30 again, even 40, I let things bother & get to me so much more back then....go figure

Darlin' - you should be so lucky!!! - am fully bionic, having had both hips and both knees surgically replaced. Like you I can't squat either, but then I must no kneel either - that is excruciatingly painful!!!
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2013, 12:26 PM

Seems as though i have the squat problem too, first came on me in the supermarket, was down trying to find something off the bottom shelf, then wondered how i was going to get up again!! Had to use the other shelves to hoist myself up lol.
I thought i was reasonably supple
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2013, 01:00 PM

well if you'd seen the antics on the bed with my O/H whose back suddenly went, I offered to get on top instead, but found my knees very painful (like kneeling on sharp stones) so wriggled off before we'd actually finished, will have to find a new way of getting fitted sheet on the bed, it irritated me all night.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2013, 01:07 PM

GOD - you had me worried there gal - dont do that to Pats ..... PHEW

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top