Join for free
Page 2 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 10:17 AM

Re: The despicable scumbags!!!

[QUOTE=shropshiregirl;1026208]
Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
So now we see the 'nasty party' in its true light (yet again)!!!

Now perhaps others will also see what I have known these many years - just how despicable and nasty they can and have been!!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7389736.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7388661.html[/QU

Bully for them, it makes my blood boil when I read that the benefits level was being cut in London from £26,000 to £23,000 and the rest of the country down to £20,000.
It should be a hell of a lot more !!

Is it truly any wonder when the rest of the world and his wife pass through several European countries with the sole intention of landing here in the UK when they read about such obscene figures being paid out.

One only has to read in today's papers about a certain Cameroon immigrant, granted asylum in France, given an EU identity which enabled him to waltz straight over here and claim everything for himself and his clan of nine, having the gall by complaining about the 5 bedroomed home he was given courtesy of the taxpayer, being too small and then handed a top of the range 5 bedroomed home in Andover (much to the rage of his neighbours who have to work and struggle to pay their own rent and mortgage to live in the same location. It's enough to make one want to spit !!

I live in Shropshire and to obtain such a salary would be a dream life for the majority here. The sooner this scandal is sorted the better as far as I am concerned.
Benefits should be paid out comparable to the minimum wage, no more than that. It certainly shouldn't be so high that it entitles those on benefits to live a life of choice with all the luxuries that those working cannot even afford.

The system stinks !!

Sigh!!! - Again - read the article more carefully!!! - The 'cap' includes Housing Benefit!!! Given the high cost of living here in the South-East, the 'cap' will cause undue hardship for many families, the choice being rent or food on the table (NOT BOTH!!!)

And incidentally, its nothing to do with immigration, the high cost of living here existed long before there was a perceived immigration 'problem'.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 10:20 AM

[QUOTE=Uncle Joe;1026217]
Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

Sigh!!! - Again - read the article more carefully!!! - The 'cap' includes Housing Benefit!!! Given the high cost of living here in the South-East, the 'cap' will cause undue hardship for many families, the choice being rent or food on the table (NOT BOTH!!!)

And incidentally, its nothing to do with immigration, the high cost of living here existed long before there was a perceived immigration 'problem'.
I'm well aware of housing costs here UJ, we've had to manage on far less, if councils hadn't supported the private sector rentals then the housing costs would never have gone up like they have and those of us working may have stood a better chance.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 10:25 AM

UJ, in a perfect world, for benefit claimants to be given these obscene amounts, ordinary working men and women should be on a salary/wage of between £40,000/£50,000. but of course that will never be.
As it is, benefit claimants should have enough to ensure a roof over their head, food to put on the table, money to allow them to travel to job interviews, and spare cash for essentials. Not a penny more !

I know there are many genuine benefit claimants and I feel for them, but you and I know what type of benefit claimant I am referring to, and in my opinion, anything that makes life harder for them and gets them off their lazy, fat backsides because their luxury lifestyle is being threatened, cannot come quick enough for many like myself.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by tregonsee ->
wow capping at £20000 a year!
Read the situation vacant adverts see what wages are.
wabblewalk
surrey borders
wabblewalk is male  wabblewalk has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 10:28 AM

The "NASTY PARTY"

Do you mean swivel eyed Labour??

They are the reason we are where we are, especially having allowed Immigration open door policy and introducing PFI. They are the reason why 70% of their voters, voted out for Britex and this little clip shows what sort of stupid self centred idiots they have in their party.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sidaA8W0m00
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
UJ, in a perfect world, for benefit claimants to be given these obscene amounts, ordinary working men and women should be on a salary/wage of between £40,000/£50,000. but of course that will never be.
As it is, benefit claimants should have enough to ensure a roof over their head, food to put on the table, money to allow them to travel to job interviews, and spare cash for essentials. Not a penny more !

I know there are many genuine benefit claimants and I feel for them, but you and I know what type of benefit claimant I am referring to, and in my opinion, anything that makes life harder for them and gets them off their lazy, fat backsides because their luxury lifestyle is being threatened, cannot come quick enough for many like myself.

And in taking a 'broad brush' approach, to those you call lazy, the scumbag 'nasty party' penalise everyone else caught in their net, those least able to defend themselves!!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 10:51 AM

So what sort of figure should the cap be UJ? There are a lot of people that have to work very hard and very long hours to earn less than £20,000 and they are the rubbish jobs. Out of that wage, they also have to pay rent/mortgage and for food; and if the cap was much higher, who would pay for it? Do you want the low paid to work even harder and longer hours? I thought you were for the working man/woman.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 10:52 AM

Hi

A different view.

I spend a lot of my time in the former USSR.

You leave school at 16, you were given a job, often hundreds of miles away.

Absolutely no choice in the matter.

You could appeal, go before the local Committee.

Young, 16, attractive, wanting to stay locally with your family.

If you were lucky, only have to give them all a blow job, if you were unlucky, sex with them all.

Far too many ladies in their 50s and 60s saying the same thing for it to be untrue.

You support the former USSR UJ and Communism.

I find that so, so, wrong.

You also post complete untruths to justify your views.

I also find that so, so wrong.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 10:54 AM

And in taking a 'broad brush' approach, to those you call lazy, the scumbag 'nasty party' penalise everyone else caught in their net, those least able to defend themselves!!!
I take it you are starving down there in the South East then UJ and living on gruel....
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

01-11-2016, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
So what sort of figure should the cap be UJ? There are a lot of people that have to work very hard and very long hours to earn less than £20,000 and they are the rubbish jobs. Out of that wage, they also have to pay rent/mortgage and for food; and if the cap was much higher, who would pay for it? Do you want the low paid to work even harder and longer hours? I thought you were for the working man/woman.
The 'cap' on benefits, when it was imposed several years ago, was wrong then and is still wrong now. The 'nasty party' (as usual) have got it all wrong and are penalising the wrong people. In order to control housing costs we need to re-instate local authority Rent Officers (the wicked witch of the west abolished them back in the 1980s) with the ability to 'register' fair rents - but that would reduce the rental income that many members of the 'nasty party' have.

Page 2 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top