Join for free
Page 40 of 50 « First < 30 38 39 40 41 42 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 02:29 PM

Re: Brexit and the EU

Originally Posted by Realist ->
A new party is needed. A party that honours and respects the British Constitution and British Sovereignty. A party that will reverse the years of fraudulent politics conducted by stealth behind closed doors and which saw Britain sold down the river into the EU in the first place without ever giving the people a referendum on joining.
I agree, but who?

Shamefully, UKIP - which would have been an obvious choice, and my preference - seems to be still arguing and falling out with each other.

Who else is there?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Unless I misunderstood, the two options stated by May and her cohorts are:

- her deal, or

- remain in the EU.

She doesn't seem to mention the option of a real Brexit.
The only two viable options available as from 2016. Slowly it is beginning to dawn.
As for your "real brexit" not one of your politicians is dumb enough to lead his citizens into that abys.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 02:41 PM

I agree, but who?

Shamefully, UKIP - which would have been an obvious choice, and my preference - seems to be still arguing and falling out with each other.

Who else is there?
They've embrace Tommy Robinson that's the death knell for them for many I think. Nigel Farage is furious and with a bit of luck might have another go ?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
On the contrary there are numerous hard brexiteers and then there are the rest of the more sensible leave voters. The hard brexiteers just jump up and down and shout loudest.
My bold.

Annies - Looking at the recent posts, in this thread, would you still say that it is the Hard Brexiteers who just jump up and down and shout the loudest?

Would you not agree that the most footage/post sizes have been from just one or two recent joiners who don't even post in other Forum Threads at all?

If I want to read long diatribes I can do that, just as well, by being given a link.

Brexit postings seem to have descended ever further into postings arguing that everyone who voted out was stupid.

That hasn't worked as a plan.

The remainers are claiming that we don't know how damaging it will be to leave, but they don't see the damage caused if we stay.

(Note: Someone will press me to post some proof of that, so I'm off to build a couple of hundred lines of diatribe ready to use.)
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 02:43 PM

Unless I misunderstood, the two options stated by May and her cohorts are:

- her deal, or

- remain in the EU.

She doesn't seem to mention the option of a real Brexit.
She was very clear and firm in those question that she WILL deliver BrExit and that she is committed to doing that..

BUT . . . . .

There's the clever "sleight of hand" psycho technique that we are seeing time and time again here.

The referendum asked "Do you want to STAY in the EU or LEAVE the EU"?

The referendum DID NOT ask:

"Do you want BrExit or not?"

Using the term BrExit is a nefarious sleight of hand. It allows the EU stooges to take us away from the idea of "Leave the EU" and instead focuses us towards this new fangled term which no-one knows the true interpretation of.

What is BrExit? What does BrExit actually mean?

And once they establish that uncertainty the doors open to all manner of clever ruses like "We didn't vote for a 'BrExit' with this and that?" and so on.

People need to really wake up and see the subversive techniques that these Common Purpose stooges use on a daily basis.

The referendum asked whether to STAY or LEAVE the EU.

End of.

Simple

Black and White.

Therefore our government, SHOULD have been spending the past 2 years negotiating arrangements for us to cover what happens AFTER WE LEAVE.

What we actually have is a Remainer PM wasting months of effort with purposeful delay tactics and then negotiating deals that don't actually see us leave the EU at all
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Would you not agree that the most footage/post sizes have been from just one or two recent joiners who don't even post in other Forum Threads at all?
Yep.

So very obvious.

And it is happening on a grand scale. Forums right across the internet suddenly infested with EU stooge posters absolutely DESPERATE to sow the seeds of doubt into Leaver's minds.

See it for what it is. Don't be fooled.

As with the campaigns that occurred during the referendum these people concentrate on giving you:

REASONS WHY LEAVING THE EU WILL BE SO BAD

instead of giving you:

REASONS WHY STAYING WOULD BE GOOD

This is a propaganda machine pure and simple. Massive effort, doubtless massive man-power. All in a huge attempt to force a second referendum and to ensure that if it happens they will have convinced enough people to reverse the democratic BrExit decision.

STAND FIRM

If you were on the fence, look at the duplicitous techniques being employed by these people and realise that we need to be out of the EU. Realise that there is nothing wrong in changing the status quo, leaving the EU, seeing what ACTUALLY occurs and knowing that if we ultimately don't like it we can always apply to rejoin, no question.

If we stay we will never again have the opportunity to leave. It's a one time opportunity. DO NOT WASTE IT.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 03:09 PM

You set the date for leaving the eu, march 2019.
The present deal has been on the table since april this year. You could have said yes then.
Negotiations on future relationships start after, and only then, after brexit.
By accepting the brexit deal in april this year, you would have given the future negotiators (assuming it will not be May) a year to plan a strategy.
As things stand you leave in a few months time, and subsequently start negotiating future relationships. Until now nobody even mentioned the existence of a plan.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 03:12 PM

I agree, but who?

Who else is there?
Maybe a bit of hope. Nigel is calling for a Ukip no confidence vote in current Ukip leader, Gerard Batten, over Tommy Robinson.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Perfectly true.

Some accuse Farage and UKIP of being a 'one-trick pony'. That's exactly how I'd describe those members of the forum.

Just my personal opinion, of course, but I see no point in discussing with them and responding to their repetitive posts.

Actually, I sometimes suspect that they might be 'plants' by the EU or their fifth-columnists in this country! That's certainly something that might be done by a desperate enemy anyway.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

23-11-2018, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You set the date for leaving the eu, march 2019.
Article 50 set the date. 2 years after it is triggered.

The present deal has been on the table since april this year. You could have said yes then.
Only complete fools would accept a "deal" that leaves us under EU control indefinitely.

Negotiations on future relationships start after, and only then, after brexit.
BS. The EU can and WILL negotiate our future relationship right the way through this process, before, during and after BrExit.

By accepting the brexit deal in april this year, you would have given the future negotiators (assuming it will not be May) a year to plan a strategy.
As things stand you leave in a few months time, and subsequently start negotiating future relationships. Until now nobody even mentioned the existence of a plan.
Not worried in the least. The situation makes a "No Deal" exit more of a likelihood which I personally now think is the only real solution to get everyone to get off their arses and properly sort everything out. While ever people like yourself embark on media campaigns to try and get the referendum decision reversed, there will exist doubt and uncertainty. Once we are actually out, with a "No Deal" all this pathetic media campaigning will suddenly go quiet. We will be out, gone, free and there will be nothing you can do about it.

Stop whining. We voted to LEAVE and LEAVE WE WILL.

Page 40 of 50 « First < 30 38 39 40 41 42 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top