Join for free
Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 05:20 PM

Re: £2,607,767.67 spent on new Downing Street media briefing room

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I think you should rephras e that to say ""misinformed" Zaphod ??

Donkeyman! 👎🤔🤔👎
You might well be misinformed DM but do not presume that just because you are, everybody else is.
Scrutiny such as that shown here, in media & elsewhere leads to less misinformation.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2021, 12:45 AM

Downing Street scraps plans for White House-style press briefings

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56818750

Downing Street has scrapped plans to launch new White House-style press conferences after spending £2.6m on a venue to host them.

The PM's media chief Allegra Stratton - who had been due to front the briefings - has confirmed her move to the BBC. She will instead become the spokeswoman for the COP26 climate summit.

The government was criticised for the price tag of its new facilities at 9 Downing Street, which will now be used by the prime minister and officials.
So, a complete waste of money .....
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2021, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Downing Street scraps plans for White House-style press briefings

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56818750

So, a complete waste of money .....
Yes, well...can't say I'm surprised. I'm quite annoyed though - the money could have (should have?) gone to better things in the first place!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2021, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Yes, well...can't say I'm surprised. I'm quite annoyed though - the money could have (should have?) gone to better things in the first place!
This time next year the "briefing room" could be the staff kitchen/restroom .....
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2021, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
This time next year the "briefing room" could be the staff kitchen/restroom .....
That's a more sensible suggestion than the briefing room ever was. Don't be giving them ideas though! It'll cost an arm and a leg to refurnish it all with gold taps, diamond encrusted microwaves, and Russian handcrafted linen dishcloths
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

21-04-2021, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
That's a more sensible suggestion than the briefing room ever was. Don't be giving them ideas though! It'll cost an arm and a leg to refurnish it all with gold taps, diamond encrusted microwaves, and Russian handcrafted linen dishcloths
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2021, 12:08 PM

Hi

Boris is being leaned on.

His dream of him having a Presidential Type Role is being quashed.

He is useful at the moment with his huge majority, however the people that matter can see the dangers.

They dumped Maggie and Boris is a flyweight compared to her.

He is also wide open to bombardment with all sorts of things.

Maggie was squeaky clean, but she still went.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

21-04-2021, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Boris is being leaned on.

His dream of him having a Presidential Type Role is being quashed.

He is useful at the moment with his huge majority, however the people that matter can see the dangers.

They dumped Maggie and Boris is a flyweight compared to her.

He is also wide open to bombardment with all sorts of things.

Maggie was squeaky clean, but she still went.
I agree with you, Swimmy...the amount of U-Turns that man has done with regard to policy of this past year, makes me doubt his ability to lead a small dog, never mind a country. So yes, I think he would be susceptible to being leaned on. Which is not really what anyone wants in the middle of a pandemic.

Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top