Join for free
Page 419 of 505 « First < 319 369 409 417 418 419 420 421 429 469 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2020, 04:51 PM

Re: Chinese Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I think it is because they are keeping the disease out of the aged care homes. I don't know what the UK rules are but in NSW Aged Care homes have special rules about visitors (which is basically one I think). I am sure the UK will have similar plans. From memory something like 60% of the Australian deaths were in Aged Care Homes.

BTW I get all the figures at about 5am UK time (2pm AEST) so they will relate to the previous day but I suspect that is the same as here where they release the figures each morning for the previous 24 hours up to midnight.

There is a slight discrepancy between the Worldmeters figure and the John Hopkins University figures but it is so small as to be meaningless. for example the global figures at the same time (now)

Worldometers: 29,206,669

John Hopkins Uni: 29,019,639
There's nothing wrong with the figures that you post Bruce. As good as any others especially as I'm only using them as a comparison.

You could be right about the nursing and care homes Bruce, but I think it might only part of the reason. The reduction in deaths is far too great to be attributed to just the one theory....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2020, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Exactly !! OGF seems to be a trait of ours to over complicate things??
Im not sure if its a human trait or national one?
But the picture l am getting from the world statistics is that ALL
countries will suffer an initial relatively high infection rate followed
by falling infections then as we relax controls a rising infection rate
untill controls are applied again! I think this pattern will repeat
several times with lower peaks each time untill we reach a sort of
ambient level of infections that we will have to "live with" ?
The death rate will also continue to fall as the vulnerable continue
to become less prevalent due to having been culled by the disease !

This will result in world populations becoming healthier with the
benefits this entails !

Obviously this is only my opinion but the pattern is allready becoming
clear to those that can see??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
I thought the same Donkeyman but didn't like mentioning it. Perhaps the virus has removed all the dead wood.....

Stand by for incoming....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2020, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Yes that's true Omah, but I can't be arsed searching the internet for a reliable set of statistics, and Bruce posts them every day on the forum so it's easier to use those. Thanks Bruce...
I like the fact that Bruce posts figures for the three countries we have most members from. First post I check in the mornings and good to keep an eye on how Australia and USA are fairing.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2020, 10:23 PM

I thought the same Donkeyman but didn't like mentioning it. Perhaps the virus has removed all the dead wood.....

Stand by for incoming....
People who are at risk have been shielding. Some people have died but there are plenty of over fifties left!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2020, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
People who are at risk have been shielding. Some people have died but there are plenty of over fifties left!
Including all of us on here!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2020, 11:41 PM

You could be right about the nursing and care homes Bruce, but I think it might only part of the reason. The reduction in deaths is far too great to be attributed to just the one theory....
I think you are probably right, I suspect that the medical profession has learned how to handle severe cases better too, the newspapers have had many reports of successes using existing drugs to treat patients.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 12:54 AM

There was some good news this morning. Queensland had only 1 case (in hotel quarantine), NSW had none, Victoria had 43 cases but no deaths and is on track to get down to 5 cases per day in October when Melbournes lockdown will be relaxed.

The only disturbing news was that testing in NSW is down below 10000 per day, the Premier urged people with any symptoms to get tested because NSW doesn't want a second wave.

In other news the head of the Australian Border Force says the capacity of hotel quarantine is "not enough" to allow for every Australian stranded overseas to come home at once. There is a cap on the number of returning residents allowed in each week.

South Australia's Premier has hinted a decision on reopening the border with New South Wales and the ACT could come as soon as tomorrow.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

15-09-2020, 04:57 AM

Covid data for Tuesday, 15 September 2020

Global Cases 29,442,360
Global Deaths 932,744

Australia
Cases 26,739
Deaths 816
Critical 17
Cases per Million 1,046

UK
Cases 371,125
Deaths 41,637
Critical 79
Cases per Million 5,461

USA
Cases 6,749,289
Deaths 199,000
Critical 14,104
Cases per Million 20,366

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

15-09-2020, 10:56 AM

Overnight figures for the UK = 2621 new cases with 9 deaths registered....

I've just checked back to 28th March 2020 and there were 2549 new cases registered overnight with 260 deaths....

I'm beginning to wonder if the reason for the recent low death rate and increasing infection rate is because there are inaccuracies in the readings or the analysing of the testing data.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
That is true Annie, but as each successive peak arrives it will
eventually weed out the vulnerable, and those it misses will
be ready to die of natural causes anyway?
You may not like to admit it, but it is pointless to invest resources
on bringing people over a certain age back from deaths door as
their natural life span is over and they can never recover
sufficiently to get any quality of life again?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔

Page 419 of 505 « First < 319 369 409 417 418 419 420 421 429 469 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top