Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 10:29 PM

Preventing type 2 diabetes!

Week 2

This week we had a Power Point Presentation on the subject of exercise and why it is important for maintaining good health. It included slides of what were described as 'easy, gentle exercises'. Things like biceps curls, squats, hamstring stretches and abductors!

Just arrived home - soaking wet because the stupid 'bus was late and it's raining - and aching in every limb! I think a hot bath, a cup of tea and an early night might be on the cards. I am wrecked!

Next week - if I survive - we learn about balanced life styles.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 10:36 PM

Re: Preventing type 2 diabetes!

Poor you, Tabs.

Go have a nice a cuppa and a nice warm soak, and take it easy.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 10:38 PM

Well done, ST - hopefully your efforts will have a positive outcome.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 10:46 PM

Aside from the rotten weather I hope you enjoyed the course today.
Go relax in that bath and keep warm. You will survive, you are a trouper! xx
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 10:46 PM

ST I am guessing you knew those things already....
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2019, 09:10 AM

Morning.

Did you try any of the exercises Tabs? they sound good.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2019, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Morning.

Did you try any of the exercises Tabs? they sound good.
We did all of them last night, Susie, found muscles I had forgotten about!

I walked 2 miles this morning - one of my neighbours is unwell and needed some shopping.

One of the things recommended last night was that we should not sit still anywhere for more than half an hour at a time. Today I have been studying - but - each half hour I have stood up and done a couple of the exercises from the book. I ache a bit - but it will be worth it.

Over the last 8 weeks - I have lost half a stone in weight and, more importantly, 2 inches from my waistline.

One thing I am struggling with - the 2 litres of water per day! Managing 1 litre at the moment - I float slices of lemon/lime in it to make it more palatable. Will increase gradually.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2019, 02:53 PM

Hi

It is a pain ST.

No sign of Diabetes for me, weekly Blood Tests.

My weight has shot up due to being on Steroids for a Hospital Acquired Infection.

Now working it off, but it does take time.

I eat very healthily, and exercise as much as I can, unfortunately very restricted at the moment.

I am determined to get better.

Walking is a huge issue for me at the moment, the skin infection means
no trousers for more than a few minutes.

The exercise bike, in the privacy of my home, is not an issue.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2019, 05:53 PM

Hi, ST! I hope this finds you warm, snug, and dry!

What excellent advice and practice to get up and moving every 30 minutes or so. At times, I find myself guilty of sitting behind the computer for far, far too long, so I thank you for that.

Well done on all that walking!

Whenever I am waiting for something - the microwave, the washer to finish a spin cycle, the dogs to come in from the year, I do squats. I think it helps immensely.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2019, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Week 2

This week we had a Power Point Presentation on the subject of exercise and why it is important for maintaining good health. It included slides of what were described as 'easy, gentle exercises'. Things like biceps curls, squats, hamstring stretches and abductors!

Just arrived home - soaking wet because the stupid 'bus was late and it's raining - and aching in every limb! I think a hot bath, a cup of tea and an early night might be on the cards. I am wrecked!

Next week - if I survive - we learn about balanced life styles.

week three-??????

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top