Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2020, 06:18 PM

My 60th Birthday Gifts for a Cause

Hi all

I know this is a long shot but I wanted to run it by you all anyway.

I'm going to be 60 on Thursday and I have had some friends asking me what I would like and I have decided that the best gift anyone could give me this year is to donate to a charity of my choice.

I was a carer working with dementia patients in a home and for 2 years I was a private carer for a lady with dementia in her own home and I've seen first hand the devastation this dreadful disease can bring so I would love to be able to do something to help, that would really make me happy.

I know our Carol in here is carer for her beloved husband who has the disease and I'm sure she will agree with me that this is a very worthwhile charity to donate to to hopefully help find a cure or at least slow down the process.

So here I am asking if any of you would kindly donate to this for my birthday. Anything as small as £1 or even 50p would be wonderful.

I do hope you can help.

No worries if you rather wouldn't, I won't be offended, but I thought it worth trying anyway.

Here is my page.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraisi...N0wqSKXH2TkmCc
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2020, 06:36 PM

Re: My 60th Birthday Gifts for a Cause

Done and dusted.

Welcome to old age you old bag...
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2020, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Done and dusted.

Welcome to old age you old bag...
Bless ya our Judd, hey, dusta know, al niver be as old a'thee is

Seriously my lovely friend, thank you so much x
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2020, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Bless ya our Judd, hey, dusta know, al niver be as old a'thee is

Seriously my lovely friend, thank you so much x
Aye, I've got five years on you. 65th birthday last month and I couldn't celebrate it (not that I would have of course )
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

26-05-2020, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Aye, I've got five years on you. 65th birthday last month and I couldn't celebrate it (not that I would have of course )
Sorry lad. I'm the same, I was going to be having a big party but instead I'm having a barbecue with my husband and Son, it better be a nice day! I'll have a party later on, I'll send you an invite and you can celebrate yours belated like mine!
Happy belated birthday our Judd (hugs)
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

26-05-2020, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Sorry lad. I'm the same, I was going to be having a big party but instead I'm having a barbecue with my husband and Son, it better be a nice day! I'll have a party later on, I'll send you an invite and you can celebrate yours belated like mine!
Happy belated birthday our Judd (hugs)
Wouldn't you prefer to have the usual sausages and burgers?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2020, 11:12 PM

What a lovely and generous thought, Queenie, happy to oblige!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2020, 11:40 PM

Thank you for what you're doing Queenie.

Of course I will be making a donation & want to thank anybody else who makes one.

They call this disease 'The long goodbye' and that's about right. You stand by helpless, watching your loved one slipping further & further away..
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2020, 12:30 AM

There ya go!..Some Aussie dollars coming your way from a 68 year old who still thinks he's 25 and is still waiting to be invited to join The Rolling Stones (Never let go of your dream BUt seriously, dementia has featured highly in my world. Professionally and personally. So it's a pleasure to help.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2020, 07:14 AM

And from me Bev....done.

Happy Birthday

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top