Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 06:34 PM

Bra Fitting.

Can you order your bras online?

I have been in the wrong fitting bra for months,..just put up with it as I had other priorities ,..went for a fitting yesterday,I tell you,absolute bliss,I never realised how uncomfortable I felt,with the other bras!

I think it's wrong,that because I'm a bigger bra size,I pay the earth for them,£40..how much do you pay?

From one very comfortable member.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 07:10 PM

Re: Bra Fitting.

Always get them from M and S I try a lot on and if I find one that is really comfortable I buy two or three.

The last one I bought cost about £20
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 07:57 PM

I don't buy things like bras on line. Like Muddy I go to M & S, try on and then I will order after that. Fortunately they have kept the style I like for quite a number of years. Just recently I have started buying the soft sports type bras. They are so stretchy as to be able to buy them in small, medium and large. There is not a great amount of support but they are so comfy. The Sloggi bras are the same type of thing and are like wearing a glove.

Cost - the M & S one were £18 last time I bought and the Sloggi I think are a little cheaper, although some of their bras are about £33.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 08:06 PM

Maybe you pay more for bigger bras 'cos more material/work goes into it... just a random thought.... but the main thing, no matter what the cost, is that you're finally comfortable Pauline

Hope you don't mind me asking, but a) how's your heart probs now - I hope you are fully recovered petal - and b) does wearing a bra aggravate the wound area or can it get more aggravated by not wearing a bra, so the danglies drag the wounded skin downwards?

(Sorry to be so basic and nosy , do please feel free to ignore my questions)

BTW I wouldn't buy one online, I think they need to be tried on, plus I don't buy anything online anyway.

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Always get them from M and S I try a lot on and if I find one that is really comfortable I buy two or three.

Yep, same for me Muddy (to all of your post).

I did get a lovely fitting one from Debenhams once, lasted ages, colour never faded and I have to say it was more comfortable than M & S ones.
Not found one like it since though.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 08:40 PM

I shouldn't know anything about this subject but I do because I've trailed behind Mrs. mart in all the bra shops around as she'd tried to get bras that fit.

She says Bravissimo is the place to go. It's not a cheap shop but if uncomfortable, it's worth paying the price ..so she says.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 10:01 PM

Like Marty’s wife, l also go to Bravissimo, they have great bras. You are not measured, the fitter gives you the bra’s she thinks will be right for you. The ones l buy, were £27 each.
I never wear a bra when l am at home as l can’t bear them, l only wear one when l go out.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 10:19 PM

I'm still a 34B, sometimes C, which I am very happy with as it has defied gravity. But it also seems one of the most popular choices. So online easy to get a good fit but often it's out of stock in department stores when they have sales. I've never been measured, I'd be mortified. Berlei and Gossard have been good fits.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->

Same here Muddy.
I usually manage to find a good fitting, comfortable one at M&S too. They have a good selection, don't they.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 10:38 PM

I hate M&S for bras. That's where I used to buy them until I realised that they didn't fit any more. The worst was when they had those padded bras that showed up as a seam line under t-shirts. It's just like they would sell see through office tops and knitwear that bobbled.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 11:23 PM

I find Sainsbury's bras fit me well. Always where underwired ones for go out in - non-wired around the house. Also - they sell cotton ones. Don't like nylon next to my skin.

Don't like the current trend in M & S - and other places - for lining bras with nasty half inch thick foam rubber stuff.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top