Join for free
Page 3 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
pathfinder
scotland
pathfinder is male  pathfinder has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2019, 04:46 PM

Re: Here Comes Boris' Deal

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Jo Swinson talks absolute shit. Such an annoying person who seems to get great satisfaction out of delivering character assassinations.

She hadn't had time to read the text, before condemning it.

Just another Scot ganging together. She hasn't even got any qualifications of any worth apart from a might mouth.
What do you mean another scot(is singular) is ganging together(that's plural more than one)so she is a gang of one
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2019, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Beej ->
It just keeps pissing me off all these parties like SNP Lib Dems mousey Labour that Brexit isnt what people voted for,course it is in or out whether its a deal or no deal the UK as a whole nation voted out.
Scots say its not what they wanted,parties in N.I said not what majority wanted,are they complete Dicks its a UK VOTE.Oh wait a minute perhaps a village in Yorkshire said remain and forgot Joe Bloggs voted remain lets give each individual a membership to EU or not.
It is still may's deal (more than 90%) with the settlement amount set at £ 31 bn and transition still ending on 31 december 2020. No backstop in name only. If you observe critically, this deal introduces a backstop in function.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2019, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by pathfinder ->
What do you mean another scot(is singular) is ganging together(that's plural more than one)so she is a gang of one
No, the words he used are perfectly grammatically correct:

"Just another Scot ganging together."

He didn't say, "Just another Scot is ganging together."

"Another Scot" implies that it is one amongst others of like mind.

If you don't agree with me, perhaps you could examine some of the many grammar sites on t'Internet.
pathfinder
scotland
pathfinder is male  pathfinder has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2019, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
No, the words he used are perfectly grammatically correct:

"Just another Scot ganging together."

He didn't say, "Just another Scot is ganging together."

"Another Scot" implies that it is one amongst others of like mind.

If you don't agree with me, perhaps you could examine some of the many grammar sites on t'Internet.
I stand corrected; thanks
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2019, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by pathfinder ->
I stand corrected; thanks
You're welcome.
globeflower
Rutland, UK
globeflower is male 

17-10-2019, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The 17.4 ignored UKIP because labour and the tories stood on manifestos to leave the EU.

Get your facts in place.
My fact was that UKIP were largely abandoned by the electorate, a fact that still seems to be in place.
So, many of the 17.4 voted for a Government headed by May, who then came up with a deal that you don't like. Many also voted for Labour, who had they been elected would have left the EU but more or less stayed in the Single Market and Customs Union, an outcome that you may like even less. Each was acting according to their manifesto. My point was that the type of Brexit you seem keen on was a lot less popular with the electorate than you seem to think.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2019, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Labour, LimpDems, SNP and the DUP all refusing to back this new rehashed Theresa May deal on Saturday, so Boris has his work cut out to get it through Parliament. How is he going to persuade MP's to back him with a majority of minus 45, and the Motley crew baying for a second referendum in their desperate last ditch attempts to have Brexit cancelled.

Who knows? maybe they will get their way and a second referendum comes into being. Nothing surprises me any more. But MP's should remember, they cannot put off a GE forever, they will have to face the public eventually, and boy, when they do, they had better be ready to accept the slaughter that is coming their way at the ballot boxes. It will be wholesale and well deserved justice for their treachery.
And already they're scuttling back to the Scottish courts to try and prevent the UK from exiting from the customs union. Despicable set of bastards.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

17-10-2019, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
And already they're scuttling back to the Scottish courts to try and prevent the UK from exiting from the customs union. Despicable set of bastards.
What do they hope to achieve?

They can put off our leaving the EU; they can even attempt to hand our country to the EU wholesale.

What they can't do is prevent another general election.

Three more years to freedom? Less?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2019, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by globeflower ->
My fact was that UKIP were largely abandoned by the electorate, a fact that still seems to be in place.
So, many of the 17.4 voted for a Government headed by May, who then came up with a deal that you don't like. Many also voted for Labour, who had they been elected would have left the EU but more or less stayed in the Single Market and Customs Union, an outcome that you may like even less. Each was acting according to their manifesto. My point was that the type of Brexit you seem keen on was a lot less popular with the electorate than you seem to think.
Because she assured us that 'Brexit means Brexit!'....She lied globeflower...
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2019, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by globeflower ->

UKIP were the only party in favour of leave.

People voted for parties that supported the result if the referendum and at the time could not predict the future.

Your revising history

Page 3 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top