Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2020, 10:56 AM

Re: Sue;s grass project

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
we got good yields of runner beans. It is other crops like cabbages and peas which did produce but not a lot.
Got a rockery in another part of the garden and did you not see the bench seat on the paved area?
Don't forget Sue is "er who must be obeyed" if she wants grass then grass she will have

Yes I did see the seat RS, but that is only a bench on its own, no table, relaxing chairs or parasol or surrounding cheerful colours or perfumes.

My mistake, I thought you were asking our opinion.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2020, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Good start, RS. Know the problem with the earth being like rock. We have that here. I think it is building rubble not properly cleared up. Our house had a significant extension before we moved here. It is very nice, beautifully finished which is what tempted us into buying it. There is a lovely sun deck at the end of the garden...........nice
But try to plant flowers in the borders? You need a pick and a shovel.
Our soil is solid sticky blue clay, like concrete in summer and a mess in winter. Garden compost improves it a little.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2020, 05:17 PM

Next stage
decided we needed an edge between the small Rhubarb area and the new grass area.
I had previously ordered some plastic imitation stone edging and wish I hadn't. Cheap and nasty and break oh so easily

also have to go a long way into the ground. Oh well got them use them. so dug out a fairly deep trench and as they lock together put them in to see how they look

How long they will stay that colour ???????. if they fade etc I will get proper stone edging later on
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2020, 02:37 PM

Just finished about 2 hours work it took me to lay it. Now water sprinker keeping it damp

from this

to this

realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

15-04-2020, 03:22 PM

Thank you for moving it to the right thread
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

15-04-2020, 08:43 PM

started on a garden path end where the gress had died. Too dark for photos at the moment
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

16-04-2020, 11:12 AM

Last bit with one roll of turf left over. It was all dead here after Sue used moss killer on it. hopefully the grass will grow again in the other patches

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top