Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2020, 11:27 AM

tulips

Only plant in the garden that is a tulip,can't seem to grow them here with our soil
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2020, 05:11 PM

Re: tulips

Those black Tulips used to be very sort after. I don't think I have ever seen any outside of a stately homes garden.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2020, 05:18 PM

I love tulips ,the beautiful colours & patterns .
I have my house filled them .
Just adore them
smile
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2020, 07:42 PM

Absolutely beautiful. Despite a good show of daffs, crocuses and snowdrops, my tulips didn't make an appearance this year.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2020, 07:48 PM

I think they are very fussy about the soil. I used to live in Essex where it was a lot of clay ,and they came up beautifully ,year after year ,perhaps they like nice rich soil with plenty of nutriements
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2020, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Those black Tulips used to be very sort after. I don't think I have ever seen any outside of a stately homes garden.
I have lots in my garden ( it’s clay ) they have grown spectacularly this year .

Should I dig them up once they have flowered ?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2020, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I have lots in my garden ( it’s clay ) they have grown spectacularly this year .

Should I dig them up once they have flowered ?
Found this on the net as I had no idea.

The bulbs need to be dug up and divided about every three years, or when they stop flowering well. Dig them up in early summer or in fall before frost. Break apart the new bulbs, discard the old, and replant the remaining bulbs at the proper spacing.

I have never done this with mine & they are still flowering each year & they are old.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top