Join for free
Page 21 of 26 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 02:34 PM

Re: Pub/Restaurant/Shop Etc. Says Loos Are For Customers Only. Is This Mean?

But do the council or do they not already provide a loo within walking distance?
At the cost of 30p?

Therefore, how many trying to use the businesses loos are just trying to save themselves 30p?

The Business pays Business rates to the council ... that is where their own obligation ends to the non paying public. Unlike their patrons who expect a certain level of service.

At any seaside or tourist resort the council largely ensure there are adequate facilities for any visitors to their town. It's good sense to boost the area. They want them have an enjoyable day .. and come back again.

They also have to encourage free enterprise and hope that local cafes, bars, and restaurants can make a profit or the town would be a ghost town with empty premises and resembling a bordered up ghetto.

Do you also expect the local businesses to pay for benches, streetlights ... litter bins ... parks ?

You've never had your own business have you boozer.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 02:40 PM

You know Boozer ... I'm getting in to this. I can understand your fascination with this consumer complaint letter writing lark.

I think I might scroll back and get the e-mail address of the Manager and send him a copy of my previous post in case he's struggling to word a polite reply to you.

(Unless he's already come across you before and knows what he's in for).
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 02:42 PM

At any seaside or tourist resort the council largely ensure there are adequate facilities for any visitors to their town. It's good sense to boost the area. They want them have an enjoyable day .. and come back again.
really not the old - "I heard it on the grapevine" surely - you must be able to give us some facts and figures surely - if not there's a broom leaving at station 5 in five minutes!!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

17-08-2018, 02:44 PM

It's commonsense isn't it?

Ah, I see what you mean ... I should have said ... At any seaside or tourist resort the council should be or are fiscally responsible for ensuring there are adequate facilities

Some don't provide adequate facilities.

Conversely people who live in the area and pay ordinary council tax, (such as Boozer) are already in fact paying for the provision of these public facilities.
A business will already also pay, but at a higher rate.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->

Ah, I see what you mean ... I should have said ... At any seaside or tourist resort the council should be or are fiscally responsible for ensuring there are adequate facilities

Conversely people who live in the area and pay ordinary council tax, (such as Boozer) are already in fact paying for the provision of these public facilities.
Of course I am paying for these facilities Morty.
The thing is that slowly but surely we are losing them as Councils try to save money so they can build local fancy offices at a cost of THIRTY FIVE MILLION POUNDS! while paying themselves silly wages.
The CEO of Conwy Council is on £190,000 a year while lots of staff earn over £100,000.
It's a good job now in Councils with fancy final salary pensions and all.
Meanwhile our Council Tax has just gone up by 5%!

Makes my blood boil. I can tell you!

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/business...uncil-14451276

Take a tour of the £35m Conwy council office development that will open this autumn

Once complete the offices will house around 700 workers
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 04:04 PM

Are you going to Chester today, Boozy?
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Are you going to Chester today, Boozy?
No my friend.
We did that yesterday.
One thing we have done though is walk along the promenade to the Water Centre there.
I took a coupla pictures inside, and god it does look very nice and plush.
I couldn't have a Wee inside their loos though!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	E2D053BE-D793-4E98-9FAB-25EC14648A00.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	6852   Click image for larger version

Name:	F1CB597F-7B5A-4C2E-8B31-1D9D83565274.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	6853   Click image for larger version

Name:	A4CDD016-B855-4F2F-A748-D810AAA842C7.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	6854   Click image for larger version

Name:	35E40151-3E33-4F97-A2FB-1DBBF5B9AC70.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	6855  
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->

what are you prattling on about - you been brewing that evil brew again!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 04:21 PM

Wish I'd never asked
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Of course I am paying for these facilities Morty.
The thing is that slowly but surely we are losing them as Councils try to save money so they can build local fancy offices at a cost of THIRTY FIVE MILLION POUNDS! while paying themselves silly wages.
The CEO of Conwy Council is on £190,000 a year while lots of staff earn over £100,000.
It's a good job now in Councils with fancy final salary pensions and all.
Meanwhile our Council Tax has just gone up by 5%!

Makes my blood boil. I can tell you!

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/business...uncil-14451276

Take a tour of the £35m Conwy council office development that will open this autumn

Once complete the offices will house around 700 workers
And a sh*tty looking building at that!

Page 21 of 26 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top