Join for free
Page 5 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 07:09 PM

Re: My Video'd Altercation With An Arriva Driver!

Originally Posted by TessA ->
You may find yourself in trouble for posting the video on Youtube, it might backfire on you.
No it wont you can film anybody you wont to and they have no recourse under law.

Did make me chuckle when the driver said that you can't film me because of the Data protection act.

I enjoyed that clip well done.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Thank you for that Twink.
I think most people want their own way, but of course that is just not possible.
Ask my Wifey if I always get my own way.
The answer is NO!

BUT.
I can be stubborn if I think I am in the right.
And without going all over the ruddy issue again.
I think I wuz right!
Not sure what you are thanking me for, read my reply again as I was sorry because I could not offer an apology.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 07:30 PM

To be honest Boozer, I would ban you ........ from Arriva!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 07:33 PM

I catch buses quite often. I get very annoyed with people who think it is their right to have two seats to themselves. Some put their bags or shopping on the other seat to deter anyone from sitting next to them.
This annoys me as you are entitled to one seat only, not two.

Boozer, had every right to that seat and the person who hogged the seat, was in the wrong.

My only quibble, Boozie is that you expected the driver who was busy driving to intervene. That passenger was in the wrong and maybe you should have sat on his lap, he’d have soon shifted!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Hi folks.
Against my better judgment!
I thought it would create some amusement here if I show you the video I made on my IPhone last week during an altercation I had with an Arriva Bus driver here in llandudno.

I have written into Arriva with my complaint along with video, and I had an e. mail back telling me this had been registered, and they would get back to me after investigation.

Don't you worry though.
I expect some stick here over this, but never mind.
I can take it!

Please note that this is posted in General Chat (not debate and stuff) so please be gentle with me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqcovnFku80

Dear Sir
Yesterday evening (Tuesday 7th August 2018) at 8.0pm I boarded the number 12 double decker bus traveling from Rhyl to llandudno.
There were the usual 2 seats just to the left of the driver. There was a slim passenger sitting on the outer seat, and I politely asked him to please either move to the inner seat or let me through to the outer window seat.
That person refused to do either. So I turned to the driver and asked him to please ask the passenger to allow me to sit in the available seat. I explained that I can suffer from panic attacks, so I always try and sit on the best front seat I can find on a bus.
The driver said that there are no reserved seats and to go sit down somewhere else.
I said that it was the passenger who was reserving seats, not me.
In fact he was reserving two seats.
The driver told me to go sit down somewhere else, so I did.
However, early in the journey I again went over to confront the passenger who was hogging the two seats, and he eventually relented and allowed me to get to the inner window seat.
On getting off the bus after it had stopped, I very politely informed your Arriva driver that I was going to make a complaint to Arriva, and I requested he gave me his name.
He replied that because of data protection he did not have to supply that information.
I said that if he would not give me his name then I would take a picture.
He then closed the bus door and proceeded to go to his last stop which was The Palladium.
A Wetherspoons pub.
I said O.K. then I am going to record this.
The ensuing conversation is there in the You Tube Video.

My argument is that the driver should have supported me, and told the awkward passenger to either let me through to the window seat, or move over himself.
I believe the principle was that no passenger should be allowed to hog two seats for any reason whatsoever.
Even if there are other seats available.
Your driver I feel should have supported that principal.

I feel I was as polite as I could be in dealing with that driver, and I was not in any way abusive towards him. I just plainly as I could told him how I felt about the situation I found myself in.

I look forward to your answer.

Best regards
Distracting the driver while doing his job doesn't seem like a smart thing to do. Kudos to him for keeping your transport safe.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I catch buses quite often. I get very annoyed with people who think it is their right to have two seats to themselves. Some put their bags or shopping on the other seat to deter anyone from sitting next to them.

Boozer, had every right to that seat and the person who hogged the seat, was in the wrong.

My only quibble, Boozie is that you expected the driver who was busy driving to intervene. That passenger was in the wrong and maybe you should have sat on his lap, he’d have soon shifted!
I totally agree with you Art.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 07:46 PM

This is disgraceful.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by longdogs ->
problem solved again boozer!

lolol!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 08:15 PM

Sorry Boozy, I agree with your sentiments but I can't stick up for you on this one (or on the last thread come to that). Bus drivers get a really bad time from passengers when they're only trying to earn a living like the rest of the working population...what did you do for a living and did you ever get any grief from people?! Course you did, it's life. What on earth are you like? Tedious old fart.

Listen pal, get sat down, shut it, enjoy your bus ride, get off again. That's it.

You are a laughing stock on here at the moment and the rest of us are having that laugh at your expense. About time you were confined to the Facebook-style inane drivel of the Candy Bar again methinks

By the way, I don't wear hob nail boots either
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

This...^^^

The guy hogging two seats is a plonka.
I'd have just had very harsh words with him.

Page 5 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top