Join for free
Page 7 of 11 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 11:49 PM

Re: My Video'd Altercation With An Arriva Driver!

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
[/B]

Butt hey TessA
I said at the very start of this thread that I was posting about this incident against my better judgment.
This'll teach me a rastard lesson!
Not everyone by far, but it is pretty obvious some just have not read my posts properly, and have been more intent on taking the piss.
Have you ever tried talking to a brick wall TessA?
Well I obviously am so I will not use any more of my very valuable time trying to justify my actions that evening.
I don't have to do that with anyone here.
Bye!
Look buddy, and I'll be decent in my prose this time...
You're okay. All the members on here are (except Tarantula who is plain weird ). You just go a bit OTT sometimes. No, ALL the time in fact. It's as if we can't breathe anymore. Your posts SHOUT at us.
Otherwise, you're a great guy. Eleanor Rigby would have been proud of you.

How's that for a back-handed compliment?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 11:59 PM

Art......
With all due respect, just like some others here you have not and are not reading either my opening post or others since properly..

When I first got on that bus the bus had NOT pulled away from the stop when I asked that driver to please ask that passenger to let me through to sit on that seat.
Or for him to move over so I could sit on the seat he was in, thereby blocking my way through.
Other passengers were still getting on the bus at the time.

The driver would not do anything about it, and told me to go sit somewhere else.
Which I did at first.
During the early part of the journey I went over and asked the guy who wouldn't move again to please move and let me sit down.
He then said O.K. and shifted while I sat on the window seat next to him.
It was only at the end of the journey and the bus was STOPPED that I asked the driver for his name, and he wouldn't give it to me.
I was STANDING UP when he closed the door and moved off from the stop I wanted to get off on.
It was only then I decided to video video what was going on.

And as for me trying to sit on his lap?
That would have turned the episode into a physical thing, and I was not about to do that.

Christ Woman.

I need a drink!
Boozie, l was actually sticking up for you, in that you had every right to that seat.

The grievance was between you and the offending passenger, not the bus driver. His job is to drive his passengers safely, without any hassle to their destination. He is not paid to be a referee as well.

Anyway, what you after? A bit of compo?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Yep!
I think though that the driver should have stopped and refused to move with an irate person standing near him.
Our buses have a sign telling you not to speak to the driver whilst the bus is in motion. If that bus had one you would definitely by in the wrong. Not a leg to stand on!

I am also surprised the driver didn't refuse to drive on.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Boozie, l was actually sticking up for you, in that you had every right to that seat.

The grievance was between you and the offending passenger, not the bus driver. His job is to drive his passengers safely, without any hassle to their destination. He is not paid to be a referee as well.

Anyway, what you after? A bit of compo?

Spot on, Art.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Spot on, Art.

Mups, God help me when Boozie sees my post! He will go ballistic!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 07:10 AM

I would have said to the passenger ‘ please move over or I will have to squeeze past you and stand on your feet ‘
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 07:28 AM

Its a shame you did not Video the passenger as well.

Mind you you might have got your head kicked with someone like him.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 07:58 AM

I should read posts better I didn't realise the driver had driven on knowing you wanted that stop, that's just mean!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 10:20 AM

Art......
With all due respect, just like some others here you have not and are not reading either my opening post or others since properly..

When I first got on that bus the bus had NOT pulled away from the stop when I asked that driver to please ask that passenger to let me through to sit on that seat.
Or for him to move over so I could sit on the seat he was in, thereby blocking my way through.
Other passengers were still getting on the bus at the time.

The driver would not do anything about it, and told me to go sit somewhere else.
Which I did at first.
During the early part of the journey I went over and asked the guy who wouldn't move again to please move and let me sit down.
He then said O.K. and shifted while I sat on the window seat next to him.
It was only at the end of the journey and the bus was STOPPED that I asked the driver for his name, and he wouldn't give it to me.
I was STANDING UP when he closed the door and moved off from the stop I wanted to get off on.
It was only then I decided to video video what was going on.

And as for me trying to sit on his lap?
That would have turned the episode into a physical thing, and I was not about to do that.

Christ Woman.

I need a drink!
So you missed your stop and had to walk all the way back presumably. The driver won the day.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Its a shame you did not Video the passenger as well.

Mind you you might have got your head kicked with someone like him.
It might still happen if the driver sees the video.

Page 7 of 11 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top