Join for free
Page 9 of 11 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 12:28 PM

Re: My Video'd Altercation With An Arriva Driver!

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
An altercation is when at least two people are having a go at each other.
That wasn't an altercation, that was a rant Boozy.
I can understand your annoyance but it isn't the bus driver's job to allocate seats.
If the guy didn't move if you asked him nicely then he was the one you should have been annoyed with. I would have stood up for the duration of the journey if I was you, as close to him as was humanly possible.
I would give up my seat for you.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I would give up my seat for you.
Awww Dongles
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
On a serious note, being a bus driver isn't always a great job. they have to put up with unpleasant passengers, keep to a strict schedule, be responsible for the safe transportation of the passengers, and even clear any mess that is left on the bus. I find that many of them are pleasant & sometimes help elderly ladies get their shopping trolleys off the bus.
There used to be a bus driver that always did the route from where I live into town ( about 2-3 miles) and at Christmas he was given lots of gifts by his passengers, because he was so pleasant. Maybe that was because they all got on his bus and sat on the seats that were available!

I am just wondering how many of them would look for another job, if they have to put up with passengers complaining because they can't sit where they want & get reported when they didn't sort it? How will people, who need buses, be able to travel when there are not enough drivers?
That whisked me straight back to an episode of Sykes where Eric Sykes and his `sister` Hattie Jacques were the driver and conductress of a double-decker bus. They ran it like an air-liner offering drinks and snacks to the passengers. All the other buses on the same route were ignored as everyone clamoured to get aboard their bus. There were queues many yards long fighting to get on. A great laugh.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 12:46 PM

Folks have expressed concern for the safety of the other passengers on the bus, whilst the drivers attention was being diverted, well, what if the driver, Boozy, and the other bloke were the only three people on the Bus?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Folks have expressed concern for the safety of the other passengers on the bus, whilst the drivers attention was being diverted, well, what if the driver, Boozy, and the other bloke were the only three people on the Bus?
Well we know that wasn't the case Spitty, and anyway if it had been I am sure Boozy would have been able to find another good seat on an empty bus.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Well we know that wasn't the case Spitty, and anyway if it had been I am sure Boozy would have been able to find another good seat on an empty bus.:lol:
That was the bit designed to make Boozy snigger.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 01:12 PM

I didn't think that getting aboard a bus gave you any entitlement to a seat, let alone a specific seat
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 01:20 PM

On my last train journey I had pre-booked my seat, but when I got on someone was sitting in it. I told them that I had booked the seat, but the chap refused to move and was most unpleasant. As a result, I had to spend the hour long journey standing beside the toilet door. Perhaps I should have gone and had a go at the train driver, as there was no guard?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 01:26 PM

You should have sat on the guys lap CeeCee.

Last time I was on a long train journey they hadn't put the reservations out so we all ended up annoyed and separated from each other many standing who had reservations. This was also on a really hot day.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
That was the bit designed to make Boozy snigger.

Page 9 of 11 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top