Join for free
Page 262 of 274 « First < 162 212 252 260 261 262 263 264 272 > Last »
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 09:14 PM

Re: Floydy's All-Time Top 1000 Favourite Albums

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Floydy, you have got me thinking about favourite twenty albums. I will post them, but, in no particular order, they all mean something, but none more important than the next.
Not a bad idea - I may do the same..but perhaps with singles instead.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Disappointing ending for me as I think there are far better albums around than Pink Floyd's, but well done, Floydy, for getting through it all.

My favourite album is In The Aeroplane Over The Sea which is 17 in Bestever's overall chart...and no Radiohead or Ryan Adams, The Band?

But its not your 1000 so no one really cares

Well done Floydy, thats some achievement and a labour of love

Ive stayed along for the ride, not contributing much as a lot of your music Ive not heard of, but Ive listened to a good few of them now, so thank you for introducing me to them

I still think it would look good in print
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 09:26 PM

Floydy, you have got me thinking about favourite twenty albums. I will post them, but, in no particular order, they all mean something, but none more important than the next.
Originally Posted by fender ->
I have an idea for something too.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
But its not your 1000 so no one really cares

Well done Floydy, thats some achievement and a labour of love

Ive stayed along for the ride, not contributing much as a lot of your music Ive not heard of, but Ive listened to a good few of them now, so thank you for introducing me to them

With respectt Missy, Don't speak for other people.

If Ffosse says he is disappointed in some of the choices that's his right and I get that. He's invested a lot of time in watching , waiting and contemplating this thread and is entitled to his emotions.

There's no need to disparage him.

I was also disappointed in the Floyd bias ....but the clue was in the author's name, I guess!

Still enjoyed it tho and will compile my own top 20 albums in time and will take all comments good or bad!
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

In the Lands of the North, where the black rocks stand guard against the cold sea, in the dark night that is very long, the men of the Northlands sit by their great log fires and they tell a tale...

Well done that man.
I must admit waiting for the top two was as tense as waiting for the result of the Russian General Election.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Try again...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Try again...
It's smaller now.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 09:39 PM

My Pink Floyd mancave...

Woohoo!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

25-05-2018, 09:40 PM

That's it.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

25-05-2018, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
You have nothing to apologise for Floydy. You introduced me to a couple of albums that I might never have known about, Boston's third stage being one of them so I am grateful for that.
I know mate, it's that Boston album which we started talking about way, way back isn't it? What a classic that is.
Pleased to be of service buddy

Originally Posted by fender ->
Do it guys, let's see your choices.
I do actually have a "Top 500 tracks", but I did it about five years ago and it's a little dated now. I'll never do anything like again though, it's just been lovely to spend a Friday evening watching the telly for a change! My missus said "Who are you?" lol!

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Well done Floydy, that's some achievement and a labour of love

Thanks Missy, but how do I put all that into print?

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
In the Lands of the North, where the black rocks stand guard against the cold sea, in the dark night that is very long, the men of the Northlands sit by their great log fires and they tell a tale...

Well done that man.
I must admit waiting for the top two was as tense as waiting for the result of the Russian General Election.
Good man, thanks bud. You've been here all the way and I'm really grateful to you for that. Makes it seem worthwhile doing it.

Page 262 of 274 « First < 162 212 252 260 261 262 263 264 272 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top