Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2018, 03:52 AM

My most awful evening.

OMG it's gone 2.30 am & I've only just got in the house.

About 6.00 pm yesterday evening (it still feels like today to me) Tony was in agony with pain in the lower right hand half of his tum. He put up with it for two hours & then I insisted we go to casualty. He saw many doctors & had many tests before they decided to keep him in for observation. Tomorrow they are going to do more tests and a scan.

At first it was thought to be his appendix but now they lean towards kidney stones. Hopefully they will find out tomorrow.

6 hours we were there. I feel totally shattered & quite ill with tiredness & this hacking cough but I've got to be strong for Tony.

Because of his Alzheimers he was confused & anxious when I left him there but I promised him I'd be back first thing.

I'll say goodnight now to all my slumbering forum friends. I'm looking forward to a few hours sleep at least.

Sweet dreams...
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2018, 03:56 AM

Re: My most awful evening.

Carol, this sounds overwhelming. Sleep for starters.

I hope there is news by the time you get to the hospital. I am sure your husband will be well cared for.

Let us know. Good thoughts your way.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2018, 04:09 AM

Hi

My thoughts are with you Carol.

I hope it is something simple like kidney stones.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2018, 04:17 AM

Thinking of you both ..... I know what it's like .....
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2018, 04:34 AM

Hope things will be better for you both in the morning which is not that far away now.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2018, 05:04 AM

Carol,
I am sorry to hear about this. You're really having it rough at the moment.
Hopefully you'll feel fresher in the morning and I'm sure the doctors will be looking into your husband's condition and monitoring it as we speak.
Take care.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2018, 06:06 AM

Oh gosh Carol, what a horrible day/evening for you both.
I hope you are able to get some good sleep.
Sending all the best good thoughts your way.
Take care.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2018, 06:52 AM

Hope things go better for you today Carol, such a worry when your partner is ill.... we will be thinking of you.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2018, 07:00 AM

Oh poor Tony - kidney stones are so painful - hope all goes well for him. It must have been a bit scary for you too - take care of yourself.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2018, 08:27 AM

Hope they find the cause of the pain. Remember to take care of yourself too. I wish him well.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top