Join for free
Page 2 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 07:28 PM

Re: Flouncing - What’s it all about

i always thort it meant flirting oop's wrong flounce...
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 07:30 PM

There's also a flounce on a skirt, picture the can can dancers of old days flouncing.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 07:30 PM

First of all we must define what a Flounce is..

1. The genuine flounce. This poster has genuinely had enough of the forum , but feels the need to tell everyone so rather than just stop logging in anymore. Rarely seen again.

2. The Bounce flounce. Most frequently seen from those who spend time in the depression/cats/dogs threads. They get their knickers in a knot about something and make lengthy and repeated posts about how they can no longer stand the tyranny/bullying etc but then slide back in to contribute yet another post of their mutt with its legs in the air. Guaranteed to be seen again using the same name, with no evidence of shame about the flounce.

3. The Lazarus flounce. Generally get all excited about some topic involving my country is better than yours/Brexit and make a great noise about posters taking the piss and talking in French and leave. Usually seen a few days later in a new ID, clearly identifiable, but without any open admission of being a reincarnation to allow them to continue using the site they were so adamant they were never going to use again just days before. A Flounce often used by those living in another country or an ex pat.

4. The ‘Stop Me’ flounce. Gives everyone else the chance to beg them to remain - after which they may generously reconsider.

Occasionally falls flat when a poster overestimates his/her popularity and is greeted by either a deafening silence or ribald cries, liberally sprinkled with obscenities, from the cheap seats at the back, celebrating their departure, begging them not to hit their arse with the door on the way out etc. (My personal fave)

And finally..for now that is ..

5. There is the WUM Flounce - the person who comes onto the forum and is deliberately offensive to the target audience and is then forced to retreat amid a deluge of abuse, each individual post ripping him to shreads - Finally disappears with the cry of "haha well i succeeded in winding you lot up haha. ha. ha.... err... please leave me alone now" ( We can but hope).
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 07:32 PM

Rehab, I don't fit into any of those categories.....need to make up one additional for me.....grin
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 07:33 PM

People flounce for different reasons, but they nearly always come back when they realize they miss this place. If they don't come back that is their choice and they are entitled to leave if they wish.

I must admit that I am sad to see people go, but always glad to see them return.

The real problems on here are people like me.....who won't go no matter how hard they are pushed.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Think I'll go and run a relaxing bath ...
Me too Morti.
May I join you?
I mean.
You and I do have something in common!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Adanac ->
Rehab, I don't fit into any of those categories.....need to make up one additional for me.....grin
I am working on a Canuck Flounce
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Me too Morti.
May I join you?
I mean.
You and I do have something in common!
Only if I can give you the snip first with my garden shears Boozer.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 07:40 PM

Re flouncing, think of it as a power nap to refresh body and soul.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Adanac ->
Well I can admit to flouncing 3 times and begged to return by the forum owner each time. The fourth time was the last, he could get down on hands and knees, kiss my medium size butt, offer me the moon and stars and I still would not return.

When I finally make up my mind to flounce, I flounce.
Funnily enough Lee, and I don't know if you remember this?
But that very same forum owner did the same with me when I flounced.
This means if he wants us both back, then he will have two butts to kiss!

But.
I will offer you the moon and stars if only you will stay right here with me Lee.

Page 2 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top