Join for free
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 07:43 PM

Had enough

I feel really rock bottom tonight,Since coming out of hospital 2 weeks ago Ive been seen by 3 different teams.1st 1 said my breathing was bad & left a nebuliser for me.next day a different tyeam took over & decided my breathing was OK & took the nebuliser away,he said hed come back this week,then he rang yesterday to ask how I was & said hed come today,this morn, he rang & said my breathing sounded better [Id been sitting quietly in my chair for a couple of hours] so hell come tomorrow,He said I will never get better as I have COPD ?[ Always been told its Asthma,keep taking inhalers ,but not too often or Ill run out of them.On Monday a district nurse dressed my leg where I have an ulcer ,but during the night it began to leak through the dressing,I rang 4x yesterday begging someone to come & redress,no one did, rang 2x today, same message, message will be passed on,no one came,My son complained ,sent an e,mail to our Dr.I complained to surgery ,each time I was told someone would get back to me ,no one did.My son tookm a photo of my leg to e.mail to or Dr,then suddenly about an hour agao a nurse turned up to dress my leg.all this toing & froing is getting me down ,there is no one person I can turn to for help or advice
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 07:52 PM

Re: Had enough

oh Deylon, you are really having an awful time of it with your health. I'm glad someone came in the end to dress your leg, what a bugger that you had to take photos to prove how bad your leg was, its terrible. I can sense your frustration and you have every right to be annoyed and upset. I wish I could help, it must be awful for you
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 07:59 PM

Hi

I feel for you, I really do.

It is so depressing.

I have been waiting for one appointment foe some time.

I got a letter dated the 6th June saying an appointment had been made for me on the 30th May.

It came from Bristol, for a local appointment and pointed out that each missed appointment costs the NHS £160.

Sheer madness.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 08:09 PM

So sorry to hear that you are having a bad time, at least someone did come out to you. Hope things improve for you.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 09:09 PM

Hope things get better and an appropriate plan can be put in place.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 07:54 PM

Had a respiratory nurse visit today, he says my health will not get better I must learn to pace myself,did not recommend a nebuliser , just take inhalers & sit quietly for them to work,he explained that [ like many older people ] I have several conditions,each needing different treatment,so, once again its down to me to sort myself out, there are no more visits till mid, July, the usual advice,' if things get bad ring 111' !But good news I also had visit from O.T & social,I am to have a stair lift A.S.A.P.When I get it fitted I will try to return to my bed
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 08:10 PM

I have just seen this thread my lovely. Firstly may I say the CQC cover all aspects of care and complaints. Secondly, you may be able to get some oxygen to help your breathing. I don't know much about COPD only that my BIL had it. It is sadly true that you MUST phone 111 or even 999 if you are struggling for breath, do not feel guilty if you are scared.
Glad you are getting a stair lift.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top