Join for free
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 09:22 PM

More Miserable Days

A few more unpleasant days. On Friday ,my leg was very swollen & discoloured,after the problems Id had during the week with the ulcer I thought Id get advice,so I rang the district nurses ,who had been dresing my leg,but they said they couldnt advise & wouldnt be coming till Monday, so I rang my Drs surgery & told a Dr would ring back,within minutes my own Dr rang & when I described my problem she said she was coming to see me.She came & was concerned about my leg & arranged for an ambulance to take me to Hospital,this did not come till 8pm so by the time I got to hospital it was late, I was put on a drip,taken to a ward & kept alone in an isolation room untill I was allowed home Monday eve.Tests show that my heart is not working properly & blood not flowing in my legs,also a small blood clot in my leg, but they do not feel its much to worry about.Tomorrow I will get a Dr in for a follow up visit.Then its a matter of building up my strength again: & try to keep out of Hospitals
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 09:44 PM

Re: More Miserable Days

So sorry to hear that Deylon. Did they not give you medication to dissolve the clot? Your GP sounds wonderful by the way.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 08:23 AM

You're having an awful time lately Deylon what with one thing and another.

I feel so sorry for you and hope you manage to keep out of hospital for a while at least.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
You're having an awful time lately Deylon what with one thing and another.

I feel so sorry for you and hope you manage to keep out of hospital for a while at least.
I would just like to second what Annie and Carol have to say Deylon.
Yes.
Hospital is no fun.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 11:48 AM

Deylon, I know you don't want to be in hospital, but at least you can get 24 hour care there, and you have had a few health problems recently. Always remember that short hospital visits often prevent long stays there.

I hope you are feeling much better soon!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 12:56 PM

You poor thing, I hope you are getting sorted out. Thoughts and prayers sent.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 02:42 PM

oh Deylon, I'm really sorry. You really are having an awful time of it. I'll keep you in my prayers. Get better soon, you must be so fed up and worried (hugs) xx
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 03:57 PM

I hope they can find some central point of reference whom you can communicate with rather than this to-ing and fro-ing.

Hope you get better soon.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 08:56 PM

My Dr has been to see me,she is not happy that the hospital are not doing anything about the blood clot .also they did not xray my leg while I was in there.
I know I had supervision in hospital, but little was done there, I was in an isolation room all alone,apart from medication and meals no one came near me and I was told to go back in my room if I went outside,there was only 1 small window which didnt open and looked out onto a brick wall,I felt very claustrophobic ,lonely and miserable
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 02:48 PM

Sorry that you are having such a bad time of it. I wish there was something I could say that would make it better but there are plenty of people on here who wish you well.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top