Join for free
Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 09:03 PM

Re: Insect bites

Pesta, I think there are just more bugs around this year because of the humid weather. Count your blessings that the superbugs haven't found you. I have a hunch they prefer certain blood types to others.

Another batch of bites on the back of my legs through my trousers tonight. I was only out there ten mins deadheading!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Pesta, I think there are just more bugs around this year because of the humid weather. Count your blessings that the superbugs haven't found you. I have a hunch they prefer certain blood types to others.

Another batch of bites on the back of my legs through my trousers tonight. I was only out there ten mins deadheading!
They prefer certain blood types? Reminds me of Dracula

Sorry, I shouldn't make light. It must be a nightmare, especially if drugs/antibiotics etc are needed to ease them.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 10:11 PM

I showed this to Marge, as our ants don't take to me but quite like her.

No thanks. She doesn't want one.

That's gratitude for you.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

I showed this to Marge, as our ants don't take to me but quite like her.

No thanks. She doesn't want one.

That's gratitude for you.

Sexy or what
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 10:27 PM

How are you Mups? Did you see the doctor?

No, I decided to give it today and see if the meds kick in again, but if my elgs are no better in the morning I will have to go back to the GP.
Just been out watering, with a long sleeved man's shirt on, trousers tucked into socks and a battered old hat on, as I've even been bitten on my head before now.

I escaped injury tonight.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

05-07-2018, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
No, I decided to give it today and see if the meds kick in again, but if my elgs are no better in the morning I will have to go back to the GP.
Just been out watering, with a long sleeved man's shirt on, trousers tucked into socks and a battered old hat on, as I've even been bitten on my head before now.

Yay!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

Well done Mups! Fingers crossed the swelling will go down tonight.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2018, 08:08 PM

So far, so good.
Right foot still a little swollen, but I can see improvements.
At least it allowed me to sleep really well last night, as I was shattered after not being able to the night before.

Thanks for your good wishes folks. x
sarah kay
kent
sarah kay is female  sarah kay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2018, 08:18 PM

pound shop sells two for a pound one spray on for all types of insects and the other for a relief from any stings - they are pen shaped.

Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top