Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 09:37 PM

anxiety attacks

I'm really fed up at the moment because for some reason I have just had another anxiety attack. I had one not long ago in a London theatre when I went to see Les Mis.

I have no idea why this is happening and I'm trying my best to control them as I am loathe to go on medication for them again if I can help it.

Tonight all I was doing was walking round the supermarket doing my shopping when it hit. I've been home an hour now and I'm still slightly anxious and I hate it.

I suffered with them many years ago and then again after my mum and sister died but they eventually went away.

I have no clue what has triggered these latest episodes and i just wish they would stop.

If you have them what do you do to help you get through them, I do know it will pass but all the same whilst its here it is horrible
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 09:50 PM

Re: anxiety attacks

I'm sorry you're suffering with these attacks, nasty things.

If I get anxious I take a gram of St.John's Wort daily, I find it works wonders.

Deep breathing exercises, meditation...and for the love of your God keep well away from the God threads on here!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 09:57 PM

I am so sorry they are horrible .
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I'm sorry you're suffering with these attacks, nasty things.

If I get anxious I take a gram of St.John's Wort daily, I find it works wonders.

Deep breathing exercises, meditation...and for the love of your God keep well away from the God threads on here!
haha yeah, I need to don't I Ruthio, I got cross with someone on here today too, they might have caused it only joking
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I'm really fed up at the moment because for some reason I have just had another anxiety attack.
Out of interest how does this anxiety manifest itself LQ? What do you find you are anxious about?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->

Tonight all I was doing was walking round the supermarket doing my shopping when it hit. I've been home an hour now and I'm still slightly anxious and I hate it.

Aww, ((hugs)). If I am to have an anxiety attack it's always at the supermarket. What's that about?

For me it's when there are lots of people walking in random directions, often in the way, while I'm trying to remember to buy everything while being distracted by stuff not on my list. The fluorescent lights, the crowds, noise and the distraction of choice can be overwhelming if you are feeling a bit fragile. If you have something on your mind then it's the perfect storm. I just try to get in and out as quick as possible.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 11:04 PM

Hi

A rubber band on your wrist, flick it when you feel one coming on.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 11:14 PM

Sorry about this problem LQ, I can understand how unpleasant it must be.
The only thing I can think of at the mo, is Yoga Pranayam breathing exercises, gentle, natural, and drug free.

If you wanted to look into the idea, perhaps you could google it and find out if there are any classes in your area?
Failing that I believe there are quite a few videos on Youtube.

As for St. John Wort, if anyone is on Warfarin I believe it can interfere, but if you're not, it might be worth a try?

Personally, I'd learn the Pranayam, but it might not appeal to everybody.

Good luck whatever you choose, I hope you soon find a way of controlling it.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 11:29 PM

The absolute best way to deal with panic attacks is a drug called clonazepam. I pill/day @ 1 mg /pill. I used to get horrible, horrible panic attacks. Heart races, cold sweats, can't catch my breath. A feeling of dying right this minute. Horrible !

I take 1 pill every evening because, for some reason, is when my attacks happened. At 1 pill/day (1 mg) it is impossible to ever become addicted. Some fools abuse the drug and then their problems become much worse.

Now, I have not had a panic attack in almost a year. The only problem is convincing your Dr. that you can be trusted to follow the rules (no abuse).

good luck. I guarantee it works.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
The absolute best way to deal with panic attacks is a drug called clonazepam. I pill/day @ 1 mg /pill. I used to get horrible, horrible panic attacks. Heart races, cold sweats, can't catch my breath. A feeling of dying right this minute. Horrible !

I take 1 pill every evening because, for some reason, is when my attacks happened. At 1 pill/day (1 mg) it is impossible to ever become addicted. Some fools abuse the drug and then their problems become much worse.

Now, I have not had a panic attack in almost a year. The only problem is convincing your Dr. that you can be trusted to follow the rules (no abuse).

good luck. I guarantee it works.

But Bakerman, LQ said in her first post that she doesn't want to go onto medication. That is why I suggested she learn deep breathing techniques as a possibility.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top