Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 07:51 PM

Spoke up for myself today at hospital

I had a hospital appointment today which I wasnt looking forward to as the last time I saw these people they were taking advantage of the fact I was very ill and a little scared about what was going on. The two male nurses who were dealing with me I realised later were bullying and being a little threatening.

This time when I went into the reception I had a different attitude, the new me, and when yet another male nurse came over to me demanding personal information about why I hadnt done something I basically told him that I wasnt prepared to discuss the matter with him especially in a crowded waiting room.
Well the Doctor needs to know he replied.
Yes well, when I see the Doctor in private I will tell her.

I have every sympathy for people working in the health service and dealing with the public but this little upstart had no cause to be so stroppy with me in the waiting room.

Thats got that off my chest. 😔
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 07:54 PM

Re: Spoke up for myself today at hospital

Well done MC. It seems to be the norm these days that we are expected to discuss our personal details in front of everyone else.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 08:00 PM

Good for you MC. At my doctor's surgery the receptionists always ask what the problem is before they'll book an appointment. I always tell them it's personal!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 08:00 PM

good for you MC, glad you put them in their place.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 08:01 PM

If everyone said it, they might change the system.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 08:12 PM

one up for the little people, good for you it is none of their business
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 08:40 PM

Well done MC.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
I had a hospital appointment today which I wasnt looking forward to as the last time I saw these people they were taking advantage of the fact I was very ill and a little scared about what was going on. The two male nurses who were dealing with me I realised later were bullying and being a little threatening.

This time when I went into the reception I had a different attitude, the new me, and when yet another male nurse came over to me demanding personal information about why I hadnt done something I basically told him that I wasnt prepared to discuss the matter with him especially in a crowded waiting room.
Well the Doctor needs to know he replied.
Yes well, when I see the Doctor in private I will tell her.

I have every sympathy for people working in the health service and dealing with the public but this little upstart had no cause to be so stroppy with me in the waiting room.

Thats got that off my chest. 😔
That's dreadful MC! Shame you were so poorly, in more ways than one, or I'm sure you would have taken their names and made a complaint. Dreadful way to treat pt's!

NHS sure is going downhill.

Good for you for speaking up today.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 08:42 PM

Well done MC .....
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2018, 07:33 AM

Hi and thank you for your replies.
After my first visit to that clinic I came home very upset and a worried about the two male nurses saying they could stop me from being able to drive if I did not do what they said.
I think recently I have managed to turn my life around quite a lot.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top