Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2018, 08:09 AM

Re: Spoke up for myself today at hospital

Good for you MC
I hate it when receptionists ask and always say that is what I will tell the doctor !
At my present surgery they would never dream of doing such a thing .
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2018, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Good for you MC
I hate it when receptionists ask and always say that is what I will tell the doctor !
At my present surgery they would never dream of doing such a thing .
At our surgery we have to tell the receptionist or we don't get to see anyone, they call them care navigators now. It really pisses me off and I NEVER get to see my own doctor who has dealt with me for years and knows my history by having seen me in person for such a long time.

The others only know me by what's on the computer screen which they probably don't have time to read considering they only have 5 mins per patient.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2018, 09:02 AM

Well done MC!

When I first went to the hospital with my broken wrist I saw a nurse and was then examined by a junior doctor. After the x ray I was sitting in a cubicle when I heard the doctor tell the nurse that is was a partial dislocation and a break, so it must be extremely painful! The nurse replied "Oh I don't think so, she seemed ok".

When the doctor came to tell me what they would do to repair it, I told him to advise the nurse that strong painkillers had helped me deal with the pain, so it wasn't her job to establish what pain a patient is suffering , without asking!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2018, 02:42 PM

I am glad you spoke up for yourself,..if you dont,no one else will,...i learnt that quite some time back,..i have found some just speak over you and they dont listen,..i have learnt the hard way,to get my pont across,also if they dont wash their hands,before they examine me,I'm in my right,to ask them to do so,it hasn't happened to me yet,......slightly off topic,i went to the dentist yesterday,i needed an x ray,he put a spacer in my mouth,and it hurt,and i let him know,..at the end of the day,.."they dont feel my pain,i do!."
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2018, 04:02 PM

Good for you MC.

Last year I was sent to see a Consultant for my Headaches, suppose to be an Expert. After trying different tablets on me that didn't work or made me sick, he turned around and in a straight face said 'YOU ARE A VERY DIFFICULT WOMAN', well I didn't know if he was serious or joking, as he wasn't smiling just straight face, so I just burst out of laughter and he still had a straight face when I left.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2018, 04:16 PM

You sure he didn't give you a happy pill?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2018, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
Hi and thank you for your replies.
After my first visit to that clinic I came home very upset and a worried about the two male nurses saying they could stop me from being able to drive if I did not do what they said.
I think recently I have managed to turn my life around quite a lot.

I think you are doing very well MC. Although I don't 'know' you, I have noticed you posting much more positive lately, so well done you.

Glad you stood up for yourself at the hospital too.
We shouldn't be expected to discuss personal matters in a waiting room full of people.

Was this KGH by any chance?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2018, 07:58 PM

Nothing like that had ever happened with me in my entire history of dealings with the NHS. The only nasty things being gossipy nurses.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2018, 08:02 PM

Nice one MC - go for it mate. You tell 'em!.......
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 11:50 AM

Is it just me or do others secretly get a twinge of satisfaction when someone stands up and refuses to let others trample all over them?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top