Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2018, 07:25 AM

Blood Moon Coming

Saturday Morning; 5am AEST - total eclipse of the moon - unfortunately we won't see the moon come out of the shadow because the sun will rise but those further west will (Perth for example).

The moon passes through the centre of the Earth's shadow so the eclipse will last a long time too. Last one for three years according to the wireless this morning. I hope I remember to set my alarm.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2018, 07:57 AM

Re: Blood Moon Coming

I doubt i will see this as with the usual perfect timing we have a weekend of thunderstorms forecast, but im expecting some good photos from other members.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2018, 08:42 AM

bloody hell!!!
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2018, 09:19 AM

Got up for a pee at 0210 this morning and saw a pink full moon.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2018, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Dobra ->
Got up for a pee at 0210 this morning and saw a pink full moon.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2018, 10:38 AM

Hope I see this, I've been looking forward to it.

DWebb has posted a good chart on the 'All things Astronomical' thread.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2018, 10:42 AM

TV will give ya the best view!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2018, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Hope I see this, I've been looking forward to it.
Me too Mups. It only happens once in a blue moon.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2018, 02:54 PM

I would really appreciate it, if someone would tell me if we, in Toronto, Canada...will see it and what time. I don't know how to find out. I tried googling and I just don't understand if we are going to see it and what time.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2018, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
I would really appreciate it, if someone would tell me if we, in Toronto, Canada...will see it and what time. I don't know how to find out. I tried googling and I just don't understand if we are going to see it and what time.
It looks like the news is sadly no

From the Daily Express website

When is the lunar eclipse Blood Moon visible in the US and Canada?

The bad news for Northern and Central America is the Blood Moon will not be visible from those parts of the world.

Maritime astronomer and EarthSky writer Bruce McClure explained: “This lunar eclipse is primarily visible from the world’s Eastern Hemisphere.

“South America, at least in part, can watch the final stages of the eclipse just after sunset July 27, whereas New Zealand will catch the beginning stages of the eclipse before sunrise July 28.

“North America, most of the Arctic and much of the Pacific Ocean will miss out entirely.”

The means stargazers in the United States, Canada and Mexico will have to look online for live broadcasts of the 2018 Blood Moon eclipse.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/scien...nada-date-time

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top