Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2018, 03:22 PM

Dyson V7 Trigger hand held vacuum cleaner

I ordered one yesterday,from Dyson,not realising I could have got it cheaper elsewhere,(lesson learnt)...well,I am absolutely thrilled to bits with it,so easy to use,cordless,light weight,the main reason I bought it,was because,my jack Russell dog hairs,they get everywhere,I was fed up,keep pulling out the Dyson ball,and carrying it upstairs,...so if you are thinking about buying one,I highly recommend them,..imo,you get what you pay for,when it comes to a Hoover,...I have taken the cheap option in the past and regretted it,...so I waited and saved up for this one.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2018, 03:44 PM

Re: Dyson V7 Trigger hand held vacuum cleaner

My wife thought about one of those with a trigger, had a go with a friend's and decided against it ... you've got to keep your finger on the trigger, there's no way of locking the trigger on.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2018, 03:53 PM

That is true,dOOd,to be honest,after a while,I have to hold it with two hands,but I still love it,my dog hairs are under control,
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2018, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
My wife thought about one of those with a trigger, had a go with a friend's and decided against it ... you've got to keep your finger on the trigger, there's no way of locking the trigger on.
There's a reason for that: it is done because depressing the trigger only when needed lengthens the battery life, and it doesn't take much effort to press the trigger after all.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

26-07-2018, 09:19 PM

That is a good point,jbr,I don't need to keep my finger on the trigger,and as you said,it lengthens the battery life,I keep it on ,high suction extended run,lasts 30 mins,it hasn't run out on me yet,my dog moults so bad,I have used it about 6 times today.cordless,and so much easier to use,than keep getting my Dyson ball out...ps,I kept it on the trigger to start,but there is no need to do that,
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2018, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
That is a good point,jbr,I don't need to keep my finger on the trigger,and as you said,it lengthens the battery life,I keep it on ,high suction extended run,lasts 30 mins,it hasn't run out on me yet,my dog moults so bad,I have used it about 6 times today.cordless,and so much easier to use,than keep getting my Dyson ball out.
It certainly is. We still have a Dyson upright and it is very much heavier to push around than the cordless models.

And just out of interest, I have to say that I don't make a habit of getting my balls out.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2018, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
There's a reason for that: it is done because depressing the trigger only when needed lengthens the battery life, and it doesn't take much effort to press the trigger after all.

That's the Dyson official line. They are in denial.

They're aiming at the young market, when it's the not-so-young who are buying them, and they are not happy.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

26-07-2018, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
It certainly is. We still have a Dyson upright and it is very much heavier to push around than the cordless models.

And just out of interest, I have to say that I don't make a habit of getting my balls out.

I should hope not!.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

26-07-2018, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
That's the Dyson official line. They are in denial.

They're aiming at the young market, when it's the not-so-young who are buying them, and they are not happy.
How are they in denial? Please enlighten me.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

26-07-2018, 09:52 PM

Hi dOOd,what do you mean,Dyson are in denial?...I have used many a Hoover in my time,and Dyson comes out top every time,..expensive,but you get what you pay for,in my experience anyway.this is my third Dyson,in sixteen years.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top