Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 08:00 AM

The [sometimes] illegal immigrants in Mexico?

Apparently there are approximately 1 million immigrants in Mexico. The majority are American and some of those are illegal? These include of course Prince Harry’s father-in-law – oops sorry Sir! [well he may not be illegal of course – we just don’t know as yet]
However as we may have been informed recently there are of course financial advantages of being American and living in Mexico. The Mexicans often turn a blind eye to illegal immigrants [including the American ones] but in view of Trumps obsession with building a wall I wonder for how much longer?
I suppose it’s a bit like being Israeli but wanting to live in the Gaza because it’s cheaper?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.07865845c8c1
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 08:05 AM

Re: The [sometimes] illegal immigrants in Mexico?

Yawn .
Bored again Gumdrop?
We have been there and done this topic .
However gather up the Bash st gang and I feel sure you will all have fun together.
Enjoy
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 08:41 AM

As usual, The leftist Washington Post has put a "spin" on the facts.

FACT
Any American can buy a visa at the border. I pay $20 USD for a 6 month visa. I have been doing so for 7 years. With that kind of ease, how reasonable is it that any American would forego a visa ? Not bloody likely.

The leftist Washington Post is attempting, and failing, to draw some parallel. Comparing illegal Americans in Mexico to illegal Mexicans in America is like comparing a light rain to a hurricane.

In any event, we, collectively, bring tons of cash and we pay our way. We would never even consider asking for a handout.

Nothing more to say. Let the chattering hyenas gather.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 10:08 AM

Chitter chatter chitter chatter (one has to indulge those who need to be rude and insult rather than debate sensibly in case they flounce ) ..... actually I would have liked a decent unbiased discussion over this. Sadly, not to be.

There is usually always two sides to every story, the same as there is with the divide in the UK over increasing immigration.
Is it down to economics? Social welfare burden? Housing? Crime? Or plain poor government policy and regulations at weeding out undesirables who would be detrimental to their new home. Plain overcrowding as in the UK (awkward when you're an island). Or just plain racism?

The USA/Mexican Border appears to be quite complex. Not the same as the UK's problem.
I never realised there was such a milling of so many people drifting either side as a matter of daily course. Presumably there are mutual benefits to be had then.

Trump's intended wall (if he ever gets it done) does seem to assume more importance when that is factored in.. I get an inkling now why it is so deadly important to some.
It would have been nice to have an unbiased view but never mind, you did try Gumbud.
I guess we'll never know and just have to assume Trump, and some (most?) Americans are racist.

It does seem to be an endemic problem in the States which they need to resolve. One only has to witness the needless police brutality against Afro-Americans within their own society to appreciate the possible scale of the diseased psyche of the world's self-appointed policeman.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Yawn .
Bored again Gumdrop?
We have been there and done this topic .
However gather up the Bash st gang and I feel sure you will all have fun together.
Enjoy
bye! mudrops !!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

01-08-2018, 02:56 PM

well I was merely trying to point out that there are lots of yankies who prefer the lifestyle in Mexico rather than USA and why not ? - I wonder if they can obtain a Mexican passport easily and marry a local who may then become American.? the permutations are endless - what if you married a Mexican had kids there and then all moved to usa and had kids there?

The point I was making was that there are those yankie doodle dandies who are prepared to live a great lifestyle in both countries whilst deriding the cause of Mexicans who want a better life style in usa?

the simple equation that seems to have been missed with anyone with at least half a brain is " I wish to exercise my right to exist in both usa because I am a yankie and also benefit from a cheaper lifestyle in Mexico because "I CAN" and I don't give a rats arse about any of you Mexicanos who just want to have a better lifestyle with ya kissin cousins over the border. Seems to be some ethical and moral inconsistencies here - but who gives a hoot - we have donald at the helm and after all we are the policeman of the world!! sounds like a HALF - backed mans idea to me??
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
Apparently there are approximately 1 million immigrants in Mexico. The majority are American and some of those are illegal? These include of course Prince Harry’s father-in-law – oops sorry Sir! [well he may not be illegal of course – we just don’t know as yet]
However as we may have been informed recently there are of course financial advantages of being American and living in Mexico. The Mexicans often turn a blind eye to illegal immigrants [including the American ones] but in view of Trumps obsession with building a wall I wonder for how much longer?
I suppose it’s a bit like being Israeli but wanting to live in the Gaza because it’s cheaper?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.07865845c8c1
That idiot said he would start building the wall the day he became president!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

01-08-2018, 03:17 PM

yes he's doin a cement and bricklayin course in his spare time at night classes?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
yes he's doin a cement and bricklayin course in his spare time at night classes?

If he starts building it himself it would occupy all his time and keep him from screwing his country up any further.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

01-08-2018, 03:40 PM

I've got this mental pic of donald building the wall and as it progresses the Mexicans are taking it apart brick by brick before the cement sets!! - here pablo 'ave anether brick for our little hasiendo!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top