Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 08:38 AM

Re: A close encouter of the wildlife kind.

I have mentioned this before, I had a really weird experience with a pheasant some years ago when we lived at our previous property. It was next to a meadow used as a pheasant shoot. I was walking in the meadow one day when a pheasant came running up to me, which in itself was odd as they normally scatter to the four winds. However, it started chatting to me in pheasant speak, it accompanied me on my walk all the way home. I went in doors only to discover it was looking through the lounge French windows no doubt in the hope of seeing me again. I would have thought I was imagining it if my husband hadn't been their to witness this strange occurrence. I went outside again with my camera and photographed the pheasant, which I named Lenfestey.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 09:02 AM

A very pleasant pheasant.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 09:09 AM

Nom, All your photographs are absolutely exquisite....as usual.

Seeing the pic of the fox watching the birds, reminded me of how the foxes round here sit and watch my hens!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 09:16 AM

Regarding your Pheasant, they are kept in pens and fed by keepers before release for the shooting season, so it may well be it became
used to humans. Its one of the things i love about wildlife getting close encounters with trusting wildlife is very satisfying.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Regarding your Pheasant, they are kept in pens and fed by keepers before release for the shooting season, so it may well be it became
used to humans. Its one of the things i love about wildlife getting close encounters with trusting wildlife is very satisfying.
Not in that meadow they weren't, they were all over the place. Besides which, how many pheasant try to engage a human in conversation?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 05:06 PM

A coastal trip yesterday, on a day of promise. A steady Northerly breeze kept things cool,the wetland had filled up with the recent rain so more wildfowl around, but the surrounding bushes held no passerines (perching birds) though a redstart had been reported yesterday.

Dropped down too the shoreline, with the sea looking good for movement, it was much later when things began to appear. The best of which was a Fea`s petrel a mega in birding terms, also Long Tail and Pomeranian Skua`s.

Only 3 species of Butterfly noted. Large White, Peacock,and Small Skipper.

Still some Flowers around mainly Ragwort, Sea Campion,, and Clovers.

Things start to warm up with the holidaymakers and schoolkids going back in September, best birds yesterday were 3 Whimbrel.

Small Skipper.

Redstart.

TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 05:10 PM

Beautiful colouring!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 05:13 PM

That’s a beauty, Nom....
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 05:34 PM

Really nice.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 08:17 PM

I had to Google Whimbrel! I've never heard of that name before!

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top