Join for free
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2018, 09:27 PM

Do wealthy people buy holiday insurance?

In particular, what do the Royal Family do about holiday insurance? Are they exempt? Are any illnesses they may endure abroad paid for by the UK taxpayer?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2018, 09:34 PM

Re: Do wealthy people buy holiday insurance?

Ha! ha! Good question. I would imagine they are just insured against anything and everything and they wouldn't have so much trouble making a claim like the rest of us. I think Beatrice caught Lazyitis.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2018, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Ha! ha! Good question. I would imagine they are just insured against anything and everything and they wouldn't have so much trouble making a claim like the rest of us. I think Beatrice caught Lazyitis.
That's what I waas thinking mate. Same goes for car hire, jet ski trips, horse riding jaunts in the mountains and the occasional ice cream. They'll sponge it all
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2018, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
That's what I waas thinking mate. Same goes for car hire, jet ski trips, horse riding jaunts in the mountains and the occasional ice cream. They'll sponge it all
Well they don't have to pay for anything normally so it's probably free anyway.

As for the rest of the mega rich, it's probably not worth the bother. If something goes wrong they can just buy their way out of it.
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2018, 09:47 PM

Yes, in my experience, wealthy people do buy holiday insurance.

As for the "excessively wealthy", such as multi-billionaires and the Royal Family, I've no idea.
I imagine the personal wealth of the Queen and Prince Charles would enable them to repatriate themselves and their nearest and dearest, should illness strike them down on a personal holiday.
(Does the Queen ever go abroad for a personal holiday? I know Charlie has a nice little hideaway villa on Corfu, cos I've sailed past it, but I don't know how often he goes there.)
If they are travelling abroad on business of the Crown, I expect the taxpayer covers the costs of transport.
Has any of them ever needed to have emergency medical treatment or repatriation whilst on a foreign tour or holiday?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

06-08-2018, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Well they don't have to pay for anything normally so it's probably free anyway.

As for the rest of the mega rich, it's probably not worth the bother. If something goes wrong they can just buy their way out of it.
Buy a dentist or a new leg.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

06-08-2018, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Boot ->
Yes, in my experience, wealthy people do buy holiday insurance.

As for the "excessively wealthy", such as multi-billionaires and the Royal Family, I've no idea.
I imagine the personal wealth of the Queen and Prince Charles would enable them to repatriate themselves and their nearest and dearest, should illness strike them down on a personal holiday.
(Does the Queen ever go abroad for a personal holiday? I know Charlie has a nice little hideaway villa in Corfu, cos I've sailed past it, but I don't know how often he goes there.)
If they are travelling abroad on business of the Crown, I expect the taxpayer covers the costs of transport.
Has any of them ever needed to have emergency medical treatment or repatriation whilst on a foreign tour or holiday?
I think Edward got the sh*ts when he was in the Marines.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2018, 10:00 PM

well I don't know Floydy but you just reminded me I MUST ring my bank to make sure I'm covered for my holiday!
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2018, 10:09 AM

Bet they don't worry about funeral costs...I've heard they told Titmarsh to piss off....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top