Join for free
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 07:21 AM

Austria's proposed immigration policies

Austria proposes new rules for immigration
https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...worth-watching
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 07:33 AM

Re: Austria's proposed immigration policies

Hi

Great stuff, why can't we have the same system?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 01:59 PM

Hi Muddy,

My goodness, that is one strict asylum system Austria are intent on bringing about.

I have to say that I do admire some aspects of the policy. If they are genuine asylum seekers fleeing persecution, they should be welcomed, I also agree that if claiming asylum, pockets should be willingly emptied and phones taken from them to be examined to ascertain whether they are genuine in their claim of travel from the country they stated. If they are genuine asylum claimants though, I’m not sure if I am in agreement about money taken from this particular group. What is the point? They will only have to be provided for by the Austrian taxpayer when they could provide for themselves for a timescale if they have their own funds.

As for economic migrants, I agree with everything that they are suggesting. One only has to look at our screens at the hundreds if not thousands of young men from the African nations, all with mobile phones and having paid thousands to traffickers to be piled into boats, knowing that the rescue ships are simply acting as taxis to take them to a new, better life than that they left behind.

The economic migrants should not be permitted to settle in any European country and automatically take from the state. Why on earth should they take precedence over people from outside Europe taking the long, drawn out legal way to gain admittance to countries within Europe, paying in both time and legal fees. It simply isn’t right.

I especially agree with no individual asylum seeker taking precedence over others and offered individual housing. It’s no wonder the indiginous people of every European country are angry over such schemes as “those in need” jumping over their own families who may well have been waiting years in the queue for housing. (and I include ourselves here as well).

Of course, whether it will come about or not, we will have to wait and see. The EU must be foaming at the mouth at such a plan, but I say good luck to them. If it continues the way it is going, we will be over-run with most of the African continent population and it will be too late then to put things right. We only have to look at our own stretched to the absolute limit services, education, housing and employment to see what is happening. The people see what is happening clearly, The EU idiots, as well as Leaders of most of the EU countries however, are instead running around like headless chickens with regard to open borders, boat people and traffickers. They are putting their heads up their own backsides and hoping the problem will go away. It won’t!.

Good luck to Austria for opening the door to common sense!. I hope more will follow suit.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 02:10 PM

They don't appear to be being censured by the EU .
We should have done this because I still think that Brexit came about because of people's dislike of mass immigration .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
They don't appear to be being censured by the EU .
We should have done this because I still think that Brexit came about because of people's dislike of mass immigration .
Hi

What exactly can the EU do about it?

Naff all really.

Austria is just mirroring Denmark.

Germany is a Federal Country, one region, Bavaria, has clamped down and has threatened to close it's Borders.

The Visigrad Group have refused to take any, Hungary has built a very effective fence.

The EU is changing rapidly and about time to.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 02:56 PM

What's the betting those morons at the EU are kicking themselves up the backside for their folly in playing the big I am and sending Dopey Dave back with his tail between his legs after he had, to the UK's shame, pleaded with them to give some leeway over immigration control in the UK. They may well have got a perverse delight in the media limelight of putting the mighty UK in it's place. How united, how strong they were as the mighty United Kingdom was trodden on, they may have also thoroughly enjoyed at the time, being able to lord it over the 4th highest economy country in the world. France especially would have delighted in no longer being made to feel beholding to the actual country that liberated them.

What a huge mistake they made in belittling the Prime Minister at the time!!. They only have themselves to blame for what happened next, and for what is happening now with other EU countries that have finally seen the light of what is happening and the unfairness of the "We are united in free movement" stance, once it hit home how it was affecting their own countries with immigration.

Serves the EU right for the S..T that is coming down at a fast pace on their pompous fat-cat heads!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top