Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 10:30 PM

Schools Day's please tell us.

Good and bad days fun and misery, please tell us of your schools that you attended infant junior College University days

At my last senior school we had a sadistic teacher who used to slipper us if we broke the rules, on this size 11 slipper he would chalk on the bottom his initial which was the letter
W.....then all day us bad kids would walk around with a big white W stuck to our trousers then every one would know who were the bad kids I had plenty of WWWWW's chalked on my arse over the years
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 10:39 PM

Re: Schools Day's please tell us.

I went to a girls' school in my teens with a tuck shop, lacrosse, hockey and strict uniform rules which we constantly tried to break. We were meant to behave as "young ladies" and having been a bit of a rebel at the start I was told to "pull my socks up" by the scary head of year at 13. It worked, I was suitably terrified into being a goody-goody. I'm just thankful that they did not make us take communal showers (the shower cubicles were there), The boys' school was across the road....
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 10:40 PM

Loved infant/junior school, hated secondary school.

My maths was terrible at school and my maths teacher was a bullying pig with me, he picked on me something shocking, so much so that man ruined my secondary school days. I was petrified of him and he knew that. Instead of helping me understand he took pleasure in singling me out and humiliating me in front of the whole class.

For the last two years I was never there.

That nasty man left his mark on me and now I am terrified and suffer panic attacks in classroom based courses. Have been all my adult life. I wish I could be free of him but so far I haven't been successful.

I am a member of my school facebook group and it seems he ruined a lot of pupils lives at school, I've read so many people saying how he ruined their lives too, it wasn't only me it seems. He favoured kids who excelled in Maths. I don't call that a good teacher.

When I heard he had died I didn't feel any sadness.

I do feel sad my school days were ruined because of one man.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 10:52 PM

Terrible time best forgotten, could not wait until 15 yrs old so I could leave those hell holes
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 10:56 PM

I think I'm like most kids.School before 11years old was fun,after that hard work.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 11:01 PM

I can't remember much about my school days just the odd incidents, went to a secondary modern school and couldn't wait to leave. There were a couple of teachers who stood out, but I think I appreciate them more now than I did then. Would love to meet some of them now if they are still alive...

I think that being good with my hands and more practical than academic I learnt more as an apprentice than I ever did at school.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 11:47 PM

Apart from the odd bully and crap teacher my school daze were by and large pretty good. I have always had the impression that school in Australia was very different to that in the UK. Much more outdoors oriented. Although I guess this has changed a bit now. Being academically exceptional was never the "complete" success story generally speaking. You had to be good at sport as well to be a "complete" hero. I loved primary school and did very well. High school was OK. I went through the motions and passed everything but all I ever really thought about was girls, music and surfing. Every single day of the summer and most of the winter for that matter, we would high tail it to the beach straight after school and into it. If there was no surf we would sit around playing our guitars and wait for a swell. Sometimes the beach would win for the whole day and teachers would come hunting and round us up. I never really took academic life totally seriously until I went to University. And even then the beach was not too far away.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 11:54 PM

My primary school years were, to my mind, very enjoyable. I cannot recall any teachers who were not well liked and we even had a male teacher in my Primary 5 class ( I would have been 9 years old) which was a rare occurrence indeed at that time and in my area.

If my secondary school was to receive a report it would have read "could do better".
The Headteacher was what would have been described in local terms as an academic snob and only interested in the high achievers. He was absolutely appalled that I chose to drop Latin and take Secretarial Studies, saying that I would live to regret it. Whilst my limited knowledge of Latin still helps me with crosswords, it was my ultimate choice of subjects that helped me to enjoy my working life.

Thankfully, Technical Colleges made a brief appearance but I feel they should now be resurrected in some form or another for those aged 14+ to cater for the less academic.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2020, 12:12 AM

Didn't like school but some of the teachers were OK.
The last year I was there I was put in charge of the English cupboard, well it was a small room actually, spent most of the day giving out books to pupils & teachers & the rest of the time chatting to the boys in the school next door, through the open windows between us & them. Didn't do lessons as I wasn't taking any exams.
Waste of time but my Father insisted I spent that last year in school when I wanted to leave & get a job as a stop gap, I was 15 & couldn't do the job I wanted & had got til I was 16.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2020, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
My primary school years were, to my mind, very enjoyable. I cannot recall any teachers who were not well liked and we even had a male teacher in my Primary 5 class ( I would have been 9 years old) which was a rare occurrence indeed at that time and in my area.

If my secondary school was to receive a report it would have read "could do better".
The Headteacher was what would have been described in local terms as an academic snob and only interested in the high achievers. He was absolutely appalled that I chose to drop Latin and take Secretarial Studies, saying that I would live to regret it. Whilst my limited knowledge of Latin still helps me with crosswords, it was my ultimate choice of subjects that helped me to enjoy my working life.

Thankfully, Technical Colleges made a brief appearance but I feel they should now be resurrected in some form or another for those aged 14+ to cater for the less academic.
I can relate to that also. That was so common that teachers favored and praised the bright kids and neglected the more challenging ones that had potential. I guess in part it was about teachers needing to feel successful also. But I can't remember any really bad kids at school apart from the odd few. THe help went as far as "could do better" but there wasn't much real help as to how to do better.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top