Join for free
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2020, 11:08 AM

Re: I may end up with another cat!

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I hope Mr Grey does move in with you, Twink, you have been caring for him for a long time now and, at least, he already knows the rest of the gang.
I think he will agree to be 'adopted'. After all, cats know on which side their bread's buttered.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2020, 11:17 AM

Twink when Mr Grey resumes his visits to your garden, maybe put a small toy/ball with a bell in it near his food dish. He may start to play with it and become used to the sound and come running to you if he hears it.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2020, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Twink when Mr Grey resumes his visits to your garden, maybe put a small toy/ball with a bell in it near his food dish. He may start to play with it and become used to the sound and come running to you if he hears it.
Mr Grey was returned to my garden about half an hour ago & as soon as his cage door was opened he ran into the long grass to hide. He had been fed this morning so he won't be hungry & the RSPCA man said I may not see him for a couple of days... but they usually return to where the food is!
We had a routine where he would sit on my garden & would wait till I tapped on the window & showed him the food bowl. He would then sit under my Acer tree till I took the food out to him... but it may take a while to get him back to that routine.
He is a long way from being tame but I know, from others I have cared for, that I need to be patient.
I will give updates on progress so you all know what happens!
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2020, 05:50 PM

your new cat's a very lucky cat, and intelligent, he knew just where to come to be looked after, cats choose where they want to be, I'm sure you'll have many happy years together.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 12:15 PM

Thank you Paula.

This is my first progress report, as Mr Grey has made his first return today & was very hungry, but I expect his worm treatment hasn't done the job yet & he had eaten nothing since yesterday morning.
His trip to the vets has also made him very nervous, so he wont eat whilst I am outside. He was like that when he first arrived here, so I expect it may take a few weeks to win his trust again.
He was walking quite well on his leg , so the painkiller they gave him may of helped.... but I am hoping he will manage to walk normally in time.
I will keep you all up to date with any further progress, as & when it happens.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

07-07-2020, 02:38 PM

Mr Grey turned up for his food today and allowed me to stand a few feet away, whilst he ate it. He was walking very well on his injured leg, so I think it is mending, I now just have to persuade him that eating his dinner in my house is a good idea.
I really hope I can do that before the winter arrives.
Malc.27
Pembroke U.K.
Malc.27 is male  Malc.27 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 06:23 PM

Hi Everyone, I should really make the effort to post on here more often....
Anyway - you're doing a great job , Twink - well done.
I've just checked my ears and they feel normal, so I don't think that I've been neutered...Lol.
Regards, Malc.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 06:51 PM

It sounds as though it is all going well with Mr G. I'm not sure if cats ever trust anyone 100% but it's going in the right direction. He couldn't have found a better place to live that's for sure. Hope to see a pic eventually Twinks.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 08:01 PM

Ah ... Mr Grey seems to be remembering you already Twink.

I had a couple of wild cats years ago who came to the house for food. In the end they'd sit on the sloping roof by the bedroom window and paw at it until I got up and fed them.

They'd never come in though, not comfortably and would soon skedaddle out... so in a bid to get them under shelter out of the cold weather, (it was the winters years back when we still had snow), ... I heaped some old cushions inside the old loo outhouse for them to snuggle in if they wanted and at least it was out of the wind.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

08-07-2020, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Malc.27 ->
Anyway - you're doing a great job , Twink - well done.
I've just checked my ears and they feel normal, so I don't think that I've been neutered...Lol.
Regards, Malc.
Thanks Malc, & just remember that if Mrs M does get you neutered, I will be happy to come and trim your ear with my pinking shears!

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It sounds as though it is all going well with Mr G. I'm not sure if cats ever trust anyone 100% but it's going in the right direction. He couldn't have found a better place to live that's for sure. Hope to see a pic eventually Twinks.
Dongle, Mr Grey loves my cooking... especially chicken! It may take a while but I will get a pic one day. My local RSPCA have asked for one, so they can tell his story & show people how cats can change for the better, when neutered. I may end up with a celebrity cat!

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Ah ... Mr Grey seems to be remembering you already Twink.

I had a couple of wild cats years ago who came to the house for food. In the end they'd sit on the sloping roof by the bedroom window and paw at it until I got up and fed them.

They'd never come in though, not comfortably and would soon skedaddle out... so in a bid to get them under shelter out of the cold weather, (it was the winters years back when we still had snow), ... I heaped some old cushions inside the old loo outhouse for them to snuggle in if they wanted and at least it was out of the wind.
What a good idea Morti! I am feeding him a bit closer to my back door each day & propping the cat flap open at night, in the hope he will come into my back hall or study when the weather gets colder...as he wont be disturbed there.

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top