Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 11:03 AM

Re: What human food can dogs (safely) eat

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
Back in the old days cats were quite fond of Christians

Morning Vlad.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 11:10 AM

Good morning Mups
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 07:21 PM

I’ve been feeding our dogs a diet of 50% meat 50% vegetables for almost two years and our two dogs are thriving. Our Yorkie wasn’t doing too well so I decided to take her to a holistic veterinarian who suggested this. Our last dog became blind and diabetic and I didn’t want that to happen to any of our other dogs. They get a diet of turkey, chicken, beef, liver, chicken hearts and gizzards, salmon ( very occasionally ) pork, fresh frozen cod, occasionally hard boiled eggs along with sweet potatoes, carrots, fennel, zucchini, parsnips, celery, green and yellow beans, peas, brussel sprays, cauliflower, broccoli.

They get one type of meat along with sweet potatoes and usually three different vegetables which get rotated daily. They don’t get sick from changing their diet like they do with processed dog food.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 07:24 PM

Canned pumpkin works great for dogs with constipation. We haven’t had to use it since we changed their diet.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
Fang der Wunderhund our Yorkie eats, apple, carrot steamed broccoli, rice. His main foods are raw beef and kibble, I don’t like to feed him the same stuff every day, he is healthy, shiny coat, clear eyes and no tartar on his teeth.

How old is Fang?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Humans are actually quite yummy for dogs and cats judging by the number of deceased owners who get snacked upon by their pets when the latter run out of food.

Something for all pet owners to look forward to.
Thanks Bruce, reassuring that if I am the only one left they won't die of starvation if I kick the bucket...
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

30-07-2020, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Canned pumpkin works great for dogs with constipation. We haven’t had to use it since we changed their diet.
I read about that Bratti but I don't think they sell it here, or at least it's not easy to source. Knowing my luck I'd probably go to great lengths to find it and then he would turn his cute doggy nose up.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

30-07-2020, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
I’ve been feeding our dogs a diet of 50% meat 50% vegetables for almost two years and our two dogs are thriving. Our Yorkie wasn’t doing too well so I decided to take her to a holistic veterinarian who suggested this. Our last dog became blind and diabetic and I didn’t want that to happen to any of our other dogs. They get a diet of turkey, chicken, beef, liver, chicken hearts and gizzards, salmon ( very occasionally ) pork, fresh frozen cod, occasionally hard boiled eggs along with sweet potatoes, carrots, fennel, zucchini, parsnips, celery, green and yellow beans, peas, brussel sprays, cauliflower, broccoli.

They get one type of meat along with sweet potatoes and usually three different vegetables which get rotated daily. They don’t get sick from changing their diet like they do with processed dog food.
Do you cook the meat and veg Bratti?

I have always stuck to the dog food after getting a great telling off by a vet when I asked why they couldn't eat leftovers. She then proceeded to put it in Teddy's notes that I had made a point about this and how she had to educate me on human food being bad for dogs. Grr.

Anyway since then I've been terrified of getting it wrong. he does scrounge and get treats from others.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
How old is Fang?
He is 6 years old now
This is him with granddaughter

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	6351F991-0E01-4F50-B7D2-07953061AFBF.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	13394  
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 08:17 PM

That's a lovely picture of both of them, Vlad.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top