Join for free
Page 32 of 32 « First < 22 30 31 32
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2020, 11:35 AM

Re: Uk in Recession.

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Exactly Foxey !
credit as a way of life !
Why do you think banks are removing cash from the system ?
Their aim is every single human being getting a credit card from
an early age, and being fored to work for peanuts trying to keep up ??
Imo they have almost done it ??
Hows this for a conspiracy theory ?
Corona was promoted to get people t exhaust their debit cards
and then remove debit cards along with cash, and where are we ?

Completely at their mercy??

Donkeyman! 👎🤔🤔👎
You might be on to something there Donkeyman.
Business on the internet has gone off the scale since Covid, which in my opinion has sounded the death knoll for the high street shops including big department stores like M&S, Debenhams and John Lewis, that have already announced that they are struggling through lack of footfall and internet shopping. It's only card use on the internet, so cash will be a thing of the past. There are some huge changes taking place within the retail industry, and not all for the better....The whole industry will be served by just a few gigantic companies who could have more power than any government. No more family run companies and businesses, just large multinational conglomerates who have the power to undercut the smaller competitors and drive them to the wall. And everything we do will be done from our armchairs so there will be no need to venture out. A bit like lockdown....Could that have been a trial run?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2020, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
You might be on to something there Donkeyman.
Business on the internet has gone off the scale since Covid, which in my opinion has sounded the death knoll for the high street shops including big department stores like M&S, Debenhams and John Lewis, that have already announced that they are struggling through lack of footfall and internet shopping. It's only card use on the internet, so cash will be a thing of the past. There are some huge changes taking place within the retail industry, and not all for the better....The whole industry will be served by just a few gigantic companies who could have more power than any government. No more family run companies and businesses, just large multinational conglomerates who have the power to undercut the smaller competitors and drive them to the wall. And everything we do will be done from our armchairs so there will be no need to venture out. A bit like lockdown....Could that have been a trial run?
I'm hoping that more shops and department stores, etc, will soon be able to open their doors like the supermarkets do now.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2020, 04:00 PM

Department stores are now things of the past. Apart from anything else they do not represent a sound economic model. Other shops are going to have to rely on niche markets. The best thing now is to convert town centres to housing. The High Street days are over.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2020, 04:05 PM

I'm shocked and stunned. Someone mention credit scores so, because we've paid our mortgage off, pay our credit card bills in full every month, and owe no-one a bean, I thought my score would be very low at best. I've just completed an Experian credit score check and you could knock me down with a fevver - the result came back as EXCELLENT. As I said, I'm shocked and stunned by this result.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2020, 04:07 PM

A pal of mine was in Harrogate yesterday she said she felt like crying ... lots of stores closing or closed and hardly any people around... I truly thought once lockdown was lifted things would get back to normal fairly quickly... but seems I was wrong

Page 32 of 32 « First < 22 30 31 32

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top