Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 09:25 AM

Re: Why do people buy these dogs ?

It's because the public are blissfully ignorant of what goes on behind the scenes to produce these types of dog but the same can be said about our food. If we were more aware of how animals are treated to produce our bacon or our milk, I'm sure we would all think twice before buying it.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 09:33 AM

That is exactly why I don’t eat pork .
I will eventually give up meat altogether I think.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
That is exactly why I don’t eat pork .
I will eventually give up meat altogether I think.
I think most people would if they could see what happens.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 01:51 PM

my parents always had a dog, the first one I remember was a spaniel, a beautiful friendly intelligent dog, they got it from a farm....I don't mean a doggie farm....just an ordinary farm that had too many dogs....he was just a pup when they got him, and lived for 9 years...next one was a wee mongrel that my older brother brought home because I couldn't stop crying when our spaniel died,he too was a lovely natured wee dog, we had him for years too, when he died my parents said they wouldn't get another one, till one day my dad was sitting outside on the doorstep, when this little dog walked past and came and sat beside him, we found out that he belonged to a widow who couldn't look after him and asked if we wanted to keep him, he was a wee cairn terrier, none of my parents dogs cost them any money, but they were priceless
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

14-08-2020, 08:55 AM

I think there needs to be a certain price level on 'popular dogs' (let's face it, what's popular and what isn't changes over time). If there wasn't, then any old scum bag could get one but I do object to breeders tripling their prices and making dogs a target for thieves.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2020, 03:04 PM

But any old scum bags get them anyway !
Having the purchase price doesn’t make people dog friendly .
Worse are the scum bags who breed and sell these poor animals.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

15-08-2020, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
But any old scum bags get them anyway !
Having the purchase price doesn’t make people dog friendly .
Worse are the scum bags who breed and sell these poor animals.
True.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 03:12 PM

I have just seen a so-called breeder of some Bulldogs, advertising them for £5,000 per pup!!!

She has TWO litters apparently.

Does anyone honestly think they will stop breeding these dogs while they can sell them at that price?
One puppy alone would have easily more than covered the C.Section.

Buyers will probably spend that much again on veterinary fees and insurance problems all its life.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 04:32 PM

Personally I think people should learn about the breed of dog they are thinking of getting BEFORE, they get it.
I knew all about Old English Sheepdogs as my folks used to breed them, when we got Dageus he was the first dog who hadn't been an OES, and I read up on the "black" Golden Doodles as much as I could soak up. But then that's just me..
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 04:37 PM

On the other hand ....
North Korean dictator Kim Kong-un has ordered citizens to hand over their pet dogs — so they can be killed for food.

The hermit state says pet dogs are now considered a “decadent” luxury and “a ‘tainted’ trend by bourgeois ideology,” and must be surrendered, according to a report by South Korea’s Chosun Ilbo media outlet.
From the National Post

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top