Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 12:00 PM

Re: The state of the Economy.

Originally Posted by caricature ->
But does this debt physically exist,where did this cash arise from? who is going to call this debt in?
The debt certainly does exist! The money comes by the treasury selling term bonds into the global money markets where the money inverters underwrite credit to us and just like an credit card we have to repay over an agreed time.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
No your not being sensible at all.

If you give your kids an amount of money then they are still liable for the inheritance tax when you die, (if you die with the 7 years from giving it to them). This is if your total estate is worth more than the inheritance tax threshold of £325k - this includes your other property valued at £165k and anything else you leave, including any gifts you've made during this period.

Your kids are going to receive a big tax bill if you die within the next 7 years or they could be put in a difficult position if they no longer have the money to pay it.

What you should have done is put it all in a trust fund years ago.

And just because you pay tax on your pension doesn't entitle you to tax avoidance. Your supposed to be a principled man
Tax avoidance is perfectly legal and moral. Anyone who does not use every means possible to avoid paying tax is a mug.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Those on State Pension should not pay more, that would be totally wrong.

That is also wrong is that Tax relief on the Rich on Pension Payments is 40%, but on the vast majority it is only 20%.

Inheritance Tax?

Easy, move to a cheaper area and give the money to the kids.
What cheaper area might that be ?
Houses prices have evened out over most of the country .
Most people don’t want to live in a slum or bad area .
And why should they spend their declining years in some sink estate.
Also people as they get older want to live near their families .
Families tend to live in areas of work and these tend to be where houses are more expensive .
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Tax avoidance is perfectly legal and moral. Anyone who does not use every means possible to avoid paying tax is a mug.
I pay my accountant to make sure all my tax liabilities are the absolute minimum.

He's very good at it
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I pay my accountant to make sure all my tax liabilities are the absolute minimum.

He's very good at it
Same here. Providing he uses his knowledge to claw back what I pay him, then that's a good enough reason to hire him.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top