Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 12:36 PM

Another One Gone.

Sad news.

A long time acquaintance of mine died two days ago and, sadly, today his wife celebrated her 99th birthday.

They are a delightful couple I have known for many years, they have been married 76 years. With the Covid I had lost touch with them this year though I knew he wasn't in the best of health.

During the war he was in the RAAF but spent most of the war in the UK as a fitter maintaining Spitfires for the RAF.

I suppose at his age it wasn't a surprise but he will be missed, another funeral to attend, another friend to morn.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 12:52 PM

Re: Another One Gone.

So sorry to hear about the sad loss of another friend Bruce.

To have been married 76 years is an amazing achievement, so sad for his wife to have her 99th birthday so close to losing her husband.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 01:01 PM

It's always hard isn't it . Sorry for your loss . Feel for his wife too.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 01:50 PM

very sad time for you ...it's hard when you lose a dear friend, but what a great marriage they must have had..
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 03:06 PM

Sad news Bruce. Let's crack open a couple of virtual tinnies and drink a toast in his memory.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 09:05 PM

Bruce, I am sorry to read about your friend’s death and l can feel your sorrow in your words.
You have great memories of him so you must celebrate his long life. xx
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 09:37 PM

Sorry to hear the bad news Bruce.
I know how you feel, I’ve lost a lifetime mate from schooldays recently, also a very dear female cousin, all through this dreaded covid 19 curse.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 09:41 PM

So sorry Bruce, it sounds like he left you with some wonderful memories of him, no one can take them away, memories are all we have left when people we care about are gone so treasure those memories and hopefully one day you can smile as you remember him with the deep fondness that you obviously had for him in life. (hugs)
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 11:31 PM

Sorry to hear your sad news Bruce. Are you able to attend funerals there, are there restrictions on numbers.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Sorry to hear your sad news Bruce. Are you able to attend funerals there, are there restrictions on numbers.
I can't recall off hand the exact numbers but there are restrictions.. I think the 4 sq metre per person definitely applies but there is also a restriction on total numbers but I am sure it is greater than the 20 persons for other public gatherings. They have to record contact details of all attendees and have a Covid plan.

The rules vary from state to state of course.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top