Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 03:17 PM

Re: China raises birth limit !!

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
[/I][/B]

I believe that you are labouring under the misconception that we in the "antipodean island"..whatever the **** that means??...Don't differentiate between the "Chinese civilisation and it's people"..and the current regime of the CCP and it's megalomaniacal "President for life"..I only speak for moi but i try very hard to not underestimate anybody regardless of their race...or their age, religion etc.

PS. Best beef I ever tasted was in Argentina. And Ausralian wine?..I'll have your share. And yes still feel better!..
I wish more brits were like you Keezoy ?
But most of them don't care where it comes from, as long as they get
it !!

Donkeyman! 👎👎
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

31-05-2021, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Did they spit?

My ex partner expected the food to be like what you’d get at a Chinese restaurant in the U.K. but it wasn’t! Shocking stuff put on the table! This was when he was being entertained by government officials and people in high up positions.

He said, the wine was awful and he dodged it!
I never realized food in uk chinese restaurants was good ? - apart from Gerard street London - has it improved then? I would say your ex was mixin with some dodgy people. Maybe that's why they want HK back again - for its excellent food - and if he hasn't experienced it there - shoot the guide!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2021, 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman;2098310[B
]I wish more brits were like you Keezoy ?[/B]
But most of them don't care where it comes from, as long as they get
it !!

Donkeyman! 👎👎
Well DM we are what we are. What I have learned in my time here though is that by and large, we are an entirely different species. At either end of the world we think we know it all but at the end of the day I don't think we understand each other very well. As for Chinese food, even in the very expensive places - and I can tell you there are plenty of those in Sydney - I find it pretty boring.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
[/I][/B]

I believe that you are labouring under the misconception that we in the "antipodean island"..whatever the **** that means??...Don't differentiate between the "Chinese civilisation and it's people"..and the current regime of the CCP and it's megalomaniacal "President for life"..I only speak for moi but i try very hard to not underestimate anybody regardless of their race...or their age, religion etc.

PS. Best beef I ever tasted was in Argentina. And Ausralian wine?..I'll have your share. And yes still feel better!..
I agree with you there, Keezoy. The very best Argentinian beef is exported to Europe (mainly Germany). What is sold on the Argentine market is the next level down and, oh boy, is it melt in the mouth tender and tasty?

The best Chinese food I've eaten was in Malaysia at Chinese restaurants there. You can forget the crap that's served in the UK's Chinese restaurants as far as I'm concerned as it's far from authentic.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I agree with you there, Keezoy. The very best Argentinian beef is exported to Europe (mainly Germany). What is sold on the Argentine market is the next level down and, oh boy, is it melt in the mouth tender and tasty?

The best Chinese food I've eaten was in Malaysia at Chinese restaurants there. You can forget the crap that's served in the UK's Chinese restaurants as far as I'm concerned as it's far from authentic.
I've never had Argentinian beef, however the best beef I ever tasted was some years' ago now,
it was Aberdeen Angus beef. Steaks that just melt in your mouth were the speciality of restaurants by the same name. I no longer live in that area of north London so not sure if they still exist there but I did find plenty of places online that supply Aberdeen Angus beef.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top