Join for free
Page 51 of 52 « First < 41 49 50 51 52 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2021, 01:04 PM

Re: China Must get It's Come-uppance?

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Seems creepy Joe had nothing to do with it - he was too busy groping another prepubescent child - again. The research by a Norwegian and a British scientist have proven that the Whoo Hoo Flu was genetically engineered and did not emerge from a "wet market"
Well, whether or not that's really the case, it certainly seems to have coincided with China's recent moves toward expansion of their empire.
Perhaps the Chinese virus was an initial attack intended to weaken the world before their military escapades.
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

29-05-2021, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
That just is not so.
we agree at last - Ma get me my smelling salts!!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2021, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Well, whether or not that's really the case, it certainly seems to have coincided with China's recent moves toward expansion of their empire.
Perhaps the Chinese virus was an initial attack intended to weaken the world before their military escapades.

That's the way I see it JBR. It wouldn't bother the Chinese government if they lost a few thousand citizens along the way.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2021, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by bret ->
we agree at last - Ma get me my smelling salts!!!

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That's the way I see it JBR. It wouldn't bother the Chinese government if they lost a few thousand citizens along the way.
Bur they didn't did they? they had it under control pretty damn quick by very effective if draconian methods once they admitted that there was a problem. If anything the latter seems to argue against it being a created virus in their own labs.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Bur they didn't did they? they had it under control pretty damn quick by very effective if draconian methods once they admitted that there was a problem. If anything the latter seems to argue against it being a created virus in their own labs.
This is not the current thinking, there is more agreement that this came from a lab now not from a live bat.
bret
bret is male 

01-06-2021, 05:03 AM

end of story - "they will never tell you the truth - and have prevented a full exploration by WHO"

however China has a habit of shooting itself in the feet - it did it with the `1 child policy - some would say successful - they don't give you the full story - it's all there to read on www? and now they do a reverse turn and are encouraging families to have up to three children if they wish - not sure if it is an order yet or just a democratic "if you wish" - but remember democracy don't figure?

but they didn't foresee or chose to ignore [I favor the didn't foresee] the longer term results of forced abortions and insertion of IUD's - yes I did say 'forced' and there is no indication in my mind that they have considered or are even interested in the total outcomes of this decision. But you don't need to be too bright to work it out yourselves? 1+1+1 = ???

ps: another non-quoted stats of the one child policy was the number of unrecorded infanticide cases [female in particular]

don't get me wrong I have many Chinese friends both in Oz and in China; love their food and histories but am also aware of their shortcomings or rather to be more accurate the shortcoming of their politburo - perhaps the common people themselves would never make these decisions and/or mistakes?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2021, 07:04 AM

Didn't blighty have a "Bonking" for Britain campaign just after WW2? Boom boom.
bret
bret is male 

01-06-2021, 07:09 AM

Yes but that was after a natural calamity surely? - and anyway - they didn't need to suggest it [democratic not demanded] it was gonna happen anyway - why as a little kid I can remember the...............oh well never mind the rest!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2021, 07:16 AM

I bet there was a bit of peer pressure, and finger pointing, with the promise of a built in Kitchener.

Page 51 of 52 « First < 41 49 50 51 52 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top