Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Bathsheba's Avatar
Bathsheba
Senior Member
Bathsheba is offline
Devon, UK
Joined: Feb 2021
Posts: 1,328
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
09-06-2021, 01:13 PM
1

Sandringham Estate has been knitted!!!

A 92 year old woman has spent two years knitting a replica of the Queen's Sandringham estate. I am totally in awe of her! It's on display to raise money for charity.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-57334420


Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	knitted sandringham.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	15842  
The Artful Todger's Avatar
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
The Artful Todger is offline
Suffolk UK
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 12,816
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
09-06-2021, 01:23 PM
2

Re: Sandringham Estate has been knitted!!!

Undeniably impressive!
Bathsheba's Avatar
Bathsheba
Senior Member
Bathsheba is offline
Devon, UK
Joined: Feb 2021
Posts: 1,328
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
09-06-2021, 01:24 PM
3

Re: Sandringham Estate has been knitted!!!

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Undeniably impressive!
Isn't it just? I mean, it's impressive for anyone, but someone aged 92? Wow, I hope I can be that woman when I'm her age!!
Meg's Avatar
Meg
Supervisor
Meg is offline
Worcestershire
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 42,850
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
09-06-2021, 01:26 PM
4

Re: Sandringham Estate has been knitted!!!

An amazing piece of work
Bathsheba's Avatar
Bathsheba
Senior Member
Bathsheba is offline
Devon, UK
Joined: Feb 2021
Posts: 1,328
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
09-06-2021, 01:27 PM
5

Re: Sandringham Estate has been knitted!!!

Originally Posted by Meg ->
An amazing piece of work
It really is. I'm a knitter, but I'd hardly know where to start with something like this!
Twink55's Avatar
Twink55
Chatterbox
Twink55 is offline
Cheshire, England
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 16,510
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
09-06-2021, 01:43 PM
6

Re: Sandringham Estate has been knitted!!!

The lady who made this should be proud, not just for the work she had done, but for the idea of making it and using it to raise funds for local hospitals.

What she should be most proud of though, is not feeling sorry for herself during the lock down, but finding something interesting to do to fill the hours & producing something that many people will admire & appreciate.

Well done Margaret Seaman
Bathsheba's Avatar
Bathsheba
Senior Member
Bathsheba is offline
Devon, UK
Joined: Feb 2021
Posts: 1,328
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
09-06-2021, 02:07 PM
7

Re: Sandringham Estate has been knitted!!!

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
The lady who made this should be proud, not just for the work she had done, but for the idea of making it and using it to raise funds for local hospitals.

What she should be most proud of though, is not feeling sorry for herself during the lock down, but finding something interesting to do to fill the hours & producing something that many people will admire & appreciate.

Well done Margaret Seaman
You are so right Twink. And when she lost her husband, instead of falling into a well of grief (and I don't condemn anyone who does), she joined a knitting group, and "it all snowballed from there". So much respect and admiration for her attitude to life. Not giving up, even at 92. She is an inspiration.
susan m's Avatar
susan m
Senior Member
susan m is offline
DORSET UK
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 4,935
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
09-06-2021, 02:20 PM
8

Re: Sandringham Estate has been knitted!!!

Clever lady


I knitted a doll for my grandaughter and it was hilarious when finished it had elongated head and a bump on her back and one leg longer than the other
Twink55's Avatar
Twink55
Chatterbox
Twink55 is offline
Cheshire, England
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 16,510
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
09-06-2021, 02:22 PM
9

Re: Sandringham Estate has been knitted!!!

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
You are so right Twink. And when she lost her husband, instead of falling into a well of grief (and I don't condemn anyone who does), she joined a knitting group, and "it all snowballed from there". So much respect and admiration for her attitude to life. Not giving up, even at 92. She is an inspiration.
Apart from that her attitude must keep her young, because I didn't think she looked 92 on the photo!
Muddy's Avatar
Muddy
Chatterbox
Muddy is offline
UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 31,286
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
09-06-2021, 02:36 PM
10

Re: Sandringham Estate has been knitted!!!

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
A 92 year old woman has spent two years knitting a replica of the Queen's Sandringham estate. I am totally in awe of her! It's on display to raise money for charity.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-57334420
Gosh itís a real work of art .
A wonderful effort .
 
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.