Join for free
Page 4 of 55 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 10:06 AM

Re: The Aftermath of the referendum

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
As much as I long for Scottish Independence, I would not want to be dragged back into the EU.
You are in a difficult position there roxy.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Tregonsee ->
Of course things will be bumpy, who did not expect otherwise?
There will be turmoil and uncertainty but I believe that with the required effort, we will be stronger in the long run.
Had we remained I could only see a steady downward spiral as more corrupt countries joined a corrupt organisation.
Absolutely agree
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 10:08 AM

Very good speech by the PM - he now needs some 'leavers' to be at his side in the negotiations
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

I can't help thinking that Cameron planned this all along. He knows he's unpopular and people would vote against him
Boris, as the "good guy" is in line to take over.
Tories will have absolute power now and will make it as difficult as possible with voting reforms for them to be voted out.
They'll say we need more austerity to sort things out and IDS will be able to advice his fellow Brexiteers on how to squeeze the most vulnerable.
They nearly shot themselves in the foot by changing the registration practices or did they?
Perhaps they realised most students and people in large households would not realise they had to register individually, so they reminded them at the last minute.
Merkel and those in power in the EU will want to make an example of us and give us a bad time trying to negotiate any new deals. They'll want to put other countries off trying to leave too!
I made my mind up at the last minute after considering all this.
I can't help feeling we've been manipulated, big time.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Hi

The most depressing news is that the Bank of England has pledged £250 Billion to support the economic system following the fall in the £ and the stock markets.

If they have to use it all, that is around 27 years net contribution to the EU gone in a flash.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
You are in a difficult position there roxy.
Sure am lol.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 10:09 AM

I thank heavens we will now not have the Euro forced onto us!

I agree about Call me Dave's speech...very well worded.

Also, I wonder if the other countries in the EU who would elect for a Referendum had we voted Leave, will now do so? That will be very interesting!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Tregonsee ->
Of course things will be bumpy, who did not expect otherwise?
There will be turmoil and uncertainty but I believe that with the required effort, we will be stronger in the long run.
Had we remained I could only see a steady downward spiral as more corrupt countries joined a corrupt organisation.
I agree too but have my suspicions that some people will make it appear to be more bumpy than it actually is.

Quite a few moaners were being interviewed this morning helping to talk down the £ ...
Ian Haines
Merseyside, UK
Ian Haines is male  Ian Haines has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 10:14 AM

Let them have another go at a referendum in 41 years!
Ian Haines
Merseyside, UK
Ian Haines is male  Ian Haines has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 10:15 AM

If the Remainers are asking about having another referendum, you have to ask them, "Would you be asking for another referendum had you won?".

Page 4 of 55 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top