Join for free
Page 6 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 04:03 PM

Re: 11 Countries Already Queuing For UK Trade Deal

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I didn't back pedal I just didn't repost it because I was being shot down on that thread
I stand by it
And I'm not accusing ANYONE here of it AT ALL
But if you honestly, hand on heart, truly believe that some of Farage''s words have not incited xenophobia (amongst some of the people of the UK) then I find it hard to comprehend.
There are so many reports of incidents of racism occuring here since Thursday that people are fearing for their lives.
Oh and by the way...What friends?
People are saying I'm entitled to my opinion
No-one person has agreed with a post of mine as far as I remember?
And I'm not expecting people to agree either.
I'm giving my opinion about things
And questioning others about theirs

That's it ... get it off your chest lass.

Just one thing puzzle me ...how on earth are you managing to link, and blame, Nigel Farage for the increase in xenophobic attacks since Thursday?
You should be cheering the chap. He's been advocating his own redundancy for years. Now, you can hardly accuse him of self-interest on that one.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
To be a friend is to agree with your views ?
How can anyone agree just for the sake of it
This is a passionate subject, people will feel strongly and I have seen a couple sitting on your side of the fence, there are so many threads on the subject but I'm sure you recall,
they may not be 'friends' - does that matter ?
I was referring to the suggestion made...
I'll quote, bare with me...
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 04:11 PM

Well I'm not going to bare with you ... it's too chilly to bare me goose bumps.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 04:13 PM

[QUOTE=Morticia;938982]Course she is. And because I don't want to keep replying to her misconceptions ( and incur the wrath of her friends) ... I'm down to lurking now and spending most of my time elsewhere.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

30-06-2016, 04:16 PM

Oh that! You mean me.
I stand by it. I wouldn't want to risk incurring the wrath of your friends. I wouldn't .. you're a popular lass around here.

So what do you think of my query over your claim that Farage incites xenophobia?
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

30-06-2016, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
That's it ... get it off your chest lass.

Just one thing puzzle me ...how on earth are you managing to link, and blame, Nigel Farage for the increase in xenophobic attacks since Thursday?
You should be cheering the chap. He's been advocating his own redundancy for years. Now, you can hardly accuse him of self-interest on that one.
I said he has incited xenophobia in some of things he has said yes
I agree with Patsy some people don't need much of an excuse
I've never said he is personally responsible for the attacks either but Brexit has sparked an increase in racist attacks.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

30-06-2016, 04:27 PM

Some of his rhetoric over the past 17+ years has made SOME people I'm the UK think they have political backing for their racist ways
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 04:32 PM

Some of his rhetoric over the past 17+ years has made SOME people I'm the UK think they have political backing for their racist ways
I've never heard him actually say anything like that what has happened is he's been misquoted and lied about by the press, they are still doing it now.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I've never heard him actually say anything like that what has happened is he's been misquoted and lied about by the press, they are still doing it now.
That's about the size of it
And - during all of the hours I have watched him, he has only mentioned immigration 'once' in that EU arena
His focus has been on 'them' and the decision making, plus the financial side
And - they never come back at him, never dispute what he's saying - they should if they have a case, shouldn't they
The only time he gets feedback is when he insults one of them - ooo we can't have that - can we .........
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

30-06-2016, 04:58 PM

But if you honestly, hand on heart, truly believe that some of Farage''s words have not incited xenophobia (amongst some of the people of the UK) then I find it hard to comprehend.
I said he has incited xenophobia in some of things he has said yes

I've never said he is personally responsible for the attacks either ....
It makes for fascinating reading. This shifting stance on quick sand.
Nigel Farage has been consistent in his views about the drawbacks of UK membership in the EU, which might have included uncontrolled immigration. That is true.
The question of , or concerns of a lot of people over Immigration and xenophobia are worlds apart.
Sadly, some people can not distinguish the difference.

Page 6 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top