Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2016, 05:34 PM

We could leave the EU within weeks

Mmmm, interesting. It seems the Daily Express have done a very recent poll and 98% of those polled want us to come out of the EU now, not in months. It seems that by Theresa May announcing that we will not be signing Article 50 until maybe even 2017, she has given carte blanche to those wishing to harm Great Britain, the opportunity to underline “their” intent to use any delay in our leaving the EU to inflict damage on the country.

EU Commissioner, Juncker said that free trade movement cannot and will not happen without free movement of people, whilst separatist Sturgeon made a speech blackmailing the UK into abandoning Brexit or risk a second Independence referendum.

The good news is that former Tory Minister John Redwood has led a cross party of MP’s which has come up with a plan that would enable the UK to come out of the EU “in within just a matter of weeks!”.

The simple solution, also backed by Labour Leave, would be to trigger Article 50 by repealing the 1972 European Communities Act and then informing the EU that the UK is no longer a member but intends to trade tariff free.

If the EU then decide to impose tariffs then Britain would respond because Britain has a trade deficit of £24 billion. A trade war would be more damaging to European countries, especially Germany, which could lose it’s largest car market.

Well, most of us already knew this but the above sounds a better plan all round. After all, it's not as if we are suddenly going to be set adrift. it will take almost 2 years before the dotted line is signed, so what is the delay Mrs May?

Getting our contributions back,
Deciding our own laws,
Having our own Migration policy.

The above are why we, the majority, voted to leave the EU. If John Redwood and a cross party of MP’s have knowledge that can be used by reading into Article 50 where it states that we can withdraw using our own constitutional procedures, which means an Act of Parliament, and that can be done in a matter of weeks, then bloody well use it !!

What I fail to understand is that whilstTheresa May, Boris Johnson and others keep coming out with sound-bites to keep us peasants happy in their eyes, such as " Brexit mean Brexit", then we are allowing the likes of pygmy Sturgeon, who cares nothing of this side of Hadrian's Wall, and Juncker, who would love to see us on our knees, to carry on with their tirades and intent to do as much harm as possible to Brexit.

What do you think? should we insist our government invoke the above now?

Discuss please.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2016, 06:44 PM

Re: We could leave the EU within weeks

Great post Mary - do it now !
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2016, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Great post Mary - do it now !
Will you come with me please Patsy?

Seriously, I take it that you meant we should come out now?
Good on you!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2016, 07:07 PM

The idea sounds good but I am sure there would be complications if we didn't follow correct procedures. For example, Most of the Muslim migrants in France are there because they want to come here. If we upset the French ( and probably the rest of EU countries) they may not be quite so careful in stopping them getting here. Once they are on British soil they become our problem, so we would have to look after them. Many have no passports, so we cant deport them to their own countries, as we have no proof they came from there, and I am sure that France would not have them back. If we are not fair with the other EU countries I fear we may have a lot of problems that we haven't even considered.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2016, 07:26 PM

There is already a petition to leave now.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/133618
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2016, 07:30 PM

Hi

If we do what Redwood says, and we can do it legally, then we are out.

There is then no two year period at all.

Tariff Barriers are then automatic until we negotiate deals, sorry, but that is the way International Trade works.

The EU is the biggest trading block in the world.

Yes we run a deficit with the EU, but the EU, even without us, is a much larger economy, so in terms of GDP, it would hurt us nearly three times as much as it would hurt them.

The car thing is yet another example of the lies told by both sides during the referendum.

57.5% of vehicles manufactured in the UK are exported to the EU according to our car manufacturers, the SMMT.

Only 20% of German made cars are exported to the UK.

I am a confirmed leaver, but cutting off your nose to spite your face is not a good idea.

Brexit is like a divorce.

I'm leaving and walking our slamming the door is not a good idea.

It is better to pack your suitcase first.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2016, 07:37 PM

I'm for getting out quick as we can, it's not a divorce they can't ask for maintenance.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

26-07-2016, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
There is already a petition to leave now.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/133618
Jimmy - Signed it already.

Twink - I can see your point about illigal immigrants but I must protest at the mere thought that France has a hold over the UK to such an extent that they can force us to do their bidding! Sacre bleu !
How quickly they forget they wouldn't even exist as they do now if it were not for British. Is this the reason they seem to resent us so much. Because they know they are beholding to this country and hate the thought?

Makes one think when you have to worry about our nearest neighbours stabbing us in the back if we dare to step out of line.

Well if that's the case......UP YOURS HOLLANDE !!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2016, 07:53 PM

Get out ASAP.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2016, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Will you come with me please Patsy?

Seriously, I take it that you meant we should come out now?
Good on you!
At The moment we are out for the evening at a hotel in Llandudno for booze and entertainment Shrops.
Just on me Mini IPud at the moment use in' me dabber.
But yes.
The quicker the ruddy better.
Even if only to wipe Nichola Sturgeons eye!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top