Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 10:24 AM

China raises birth limit !!

China has just raised its limit on women having children from
two to three per woman ??
What will they do if the citizens don't respond do you think ?
Start enforced impregnations ?!?!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 10:30 AM

Re: China raises birth limit !!

They'll have to introduce benefits at this rate!
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

31-05-2021, 10:44 AM

call themselves clever do they - the original decision for 1 child families was a disaster - now any scientist/epidemiologist can tell you immediately the result of that decision - didn't they have any in the whole popn or were they too frightened to speak up? - the chinese do not think ahead too much - it's called short sightedness!

what did they try to do with the ozzies wine industry and beef industry ? - well it didn't work - what happened - we found new markets - dorh!! thickos
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by bret ->
call themselves clever do they - the original decision for 1 child families was a disaster - now any scientist/epidemiologist can tell you immediately the result of that decision - didn't they have any in the whole popn or were they too frightened to speak up? - the chinese do not think ahead too much - it's called short sightedness!

what did they try to do with the ozzies wine industry and beef industry ? - well it didn't work - what happened - we found new markets - dorh!! thickos
Wine? Some good-ish stuff (especially Hunter Valley) but lots of absolute rubbish. Beef? Certainly not welcome in the UK, we favour supporting our own producers who in any case have all but lost our EU market.

As for the limit on birth rate - it has proved to have been VERY successful, indeed TOO successful hence the need to increase the average birth rate close to 2.4 kids per family which as a result of mortality results in close to 2.

The other problem that emerged as an unexpected consequence was that parents liked one kid because it resulted in an improvement in their standard of living and a VERY spoiled kid which surely is all parents aim!

I believe that you and many others, apparently especially in the antipodean island, seriously underestimate the Chinese civilisation and people.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Wine? Some good-ish stuff (especially Hunter Valley) but lots of absolute rubbish. Beef? Certainly not welcome in the UK, we favour supporting our own producers who in any case have all but lost our EU market.

As for the limit on birth rate - it has proved to have been VERY successful, indeed TOO successful hence the need to increase the average birth rate close to 2.4 kids per family which as a result of mortality results in close to 2.

The other problem that emerged as an unexpected consequence was that parents liked one kid because it resulted in an improvement in their standard of living and a VERY spoiled kid which surely is all parents aim!

I believe that you and many others, apparently especially in the antipodean island, seriously underestimate the Chinese civilisation and people.

Why do politicians like a high population even if that population lives
in poverty??
Could it be that high population equals more political power ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Why do politicians like a high population even if that population lives
in poverty??
Could it be that high population equals more political power ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Many things, and especially economics, pretty much rely on a pyramid system. The wider the base, then the bigger the market and the larger the economy.

The only real question is how sustainable this is and whether there is a maximum, beyond which the whole thing comes crashing down.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 12:17 PM

My ex partner has gone to work and live in China. He told me some years ago that the policy was only one child but you could have a second child, if you paid.

That was about 12 years ago, so it sounds as if they have relaxed things there quite a lot.
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

31-05-2021, 12:23 PM

they never relax anything at all - they just move things around - change the rules - but relax - well only some of the very very rich who would invite me out for the evening and take me to their entire block of flats [not filled for several years] and entertain themselves - amusing NO - boring YES - free food and drink YES
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by bret ->
they never relax anything at all - they just move things around - change the rules - but relax - well only some of the very very rich who would invite me out for the evening and take me to their entire block of flats [not filled for several years] and entertain themselves - amusing NO - boring YES - free food and drink YES

Did they spit?

My ex partner expected the food to be like what you’d get at a Chinese restaurant in the U.K. but it wasn’t! Shocking stuff put on the table! This was when he was being entertained by government officials and people in high up positions.

He said, the wine was awful and he dodged it!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->

I believe that you are labouring under the misconception that we in the "antipodean island"..whatever the **** that means??...Don't differentiate between the "Chinese civilisation and it's people"..and the current regime of the CCP and it's megalomaniacal "President for life"..I only speak for moi but i try very hard to not underestimate anybody regardless of their race...or their age, religion etc.

PS. Best beef I ever tasted was in Argentina. And Ausralian wine?..I'll have your share. And yes still feel better!..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top