Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 06:49 PM

Re: delivery companies

I’ve sold a lot of stuff on eBay and used Hermes until …
A solid silver picture frame I sent & insured was delivered to the wrong address the tracking showed a large burly arms and hand receiving the frame but who’s arm was it
Hermes have changed their contact info it now sends you round in circles . If you’re sending use the new Royal Mail pickup service for small parcels it’s only pennies more than Hermes .
Only use Hermes if you can afford to lose the item. It’s so bad there’s now a FB group dedicated to those who Hermes have wronged.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 08:29 PM

I've only ever had three deliveries go my home address, I don't do online shopping unless there's no alternative and I really have to.

One was DPD delivering a new iPhone, that was brilliant and right on time. The second one was another iPhone delivered by United Parcels, again very good and on time. The third delivery was not exactly a delivery company, it was ao.com delivering a new microwave. That was late due to so many deliveries at the start of the pandemic. However, I was kept informed and being home most of the time, I had no real complaint.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I always thought Yodel were the worst, not that I have used them. They get very bad reviews on FB.

I agree about Yodel, Jazzi.
I had problems with them too, and so did a friend of mine.

Mind you, i had an Amazon delivery a few days ago and i knew i would be out so left a message for him to leave it in my porch.
When i got home, he hadnt even bothered to come in the gate let alone go to the porch, he just leant over the gate and dropped over. Lucky for him it wasnt pouring with rain or it got nicked.
Thing that annoyed me even more though, was i saw online later that he'd put on his paperwork - "Handed to resident."
Lying bugger, he'd dumped it over the gate!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree about Yodel, Jazzi.
I had problems with them too, and so did a friend of mine.

Mind you, i had an Amazon delivery a few days ago and i knew i would be out so left a message for him to leave it in my porch.
When i got home, he hadnt even bothered to come in the gate let alone go to the porch, he just leant over the gate and dropped over. Lucky for him it wasnt pouring with rain or it got nicked.
Thing that annoyed me even more though, was i saw online later that he'd put on his paperwork - "Handed to resident."
Lying bugger, he'd dumped it over the gate!
Can you report him for that, Mups? Or at least next time you find it somewhere different, take a photo and report him.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Can you report him for that, Mups? Or at least next time you find it somewhere different, take a photo and report him.

I did try, Pixie, but it was only an online message to one of those robotic things and it wouldnt answer properly.
I thought to myself 'how very convenient they wouldnt let you talk to another human!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 09:18 PM

I sell framed gifts and I use royal mail as they are the cheapest but they are turning out to be the dearest because I have had a lot of broken frames arrive at their destination. I cannot wrap them any better than I do so all I can think is they must just not give a chit even when they know an item is fragile.

Firstly I wrap the frame in bubble wrap then I place inside an a4 box, on top of the bubble wrap I put a corrugated cardboard sheet I then seal the box with heavy duty tape, then I wrap more bubble wrap around the box, wrap in brown wrapping paper and then put FRAGILE tape on either side of the box and still some get broken.

I used to work at both UPS and TNT parcel companies and I saw first hand how sloppy they handled the parcels literally throwing them on the back of the vans.

I have had to replace four or five and for one I got a refund from Royal Mail but this last time they refused to refund my money so i have sent a recorded letter to complaints and as yet had no reply.

I'm at a loss what to do because I guess they are all the same and really don't care if something is fragile or not, I hate my customers to be disappointed.

Luckily it hasn't put my customers off and as I have replaced they have eventually been happy but it's soul destroying. FRAGILE MEANS FRAGILE Dammit.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Art.
The nearest local depot for most companies are in North Kent area many miles away from here. On top of that a lot of delivery drivers can't read an address and we are always the last on their rounds. Another problem is they often have to deliver around 30+ parcels a day a target hard to reach with the holiday traffic on the south coast.
Given you’ve explained that why your complaint?
I didn’t think your example all that bad in fact .
I don’t have a list of bad delivery companies ,sorry .
Hermes are good in my area btw.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 10:51 PM

Hermes and Royal Mail are great. DPD well their drivers are less polite and obliging. Hermes are very quick and efficient. But I like Royal mail because the postie is almost like a mate. Nice guy, friendly and efficient.

DPD, deliver but always seem to have a grumble about something. Parking problems or just having a bad day.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 11:40 PM

I think tracking by these companies is bloody marvelous even ordinary Australia Post parcels just posted in a normal box can be tracked with their phone app.

It is even more so now they text you in the morning to tell you it will be arriving that day and if you won't be home you can leave delivery instructions (assuming it doesn't need a signature), you can't complain about that service
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 05:32 AM

I have regular deliveries by Hermes, Yodel, Amazon and Royal Mail - and they are all excellent in this area.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top